Flooding

Rulekeep
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2650 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

10 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

That's not flooding - this is flooding. The building at the tip of the "finger" was our elementary school. Building not in the water is MS/HS. Our LL park is outlined. Athletic fields were all under water.  Sept 2011.

Air Two.jpg

So were the games canceled??

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is some flooding.... Chesterfield, Mo 1993

flooding-1993.jpg

This is facing west towards the Missouri River... Interstate 64

af3c605a215b8acf813d92979bd5325b.jpg.png

This is what is in that area now, slightly further west from where the previous picture was taken...

30794024E.jpg

This is facing south east at the Missouri river from 1993 Interstate 64 about 4 or 5 miles from the first picture facing back towards it.

51f93c89bef3a.preview-620.jpg

This is from roughly the same location today... notice the airport at the top of the picture... all the planes that were there in 1993 were under water.

• 2 months later...

Ran across this thread while killing time this afternoon. Below is an aerial photo of my neighborhood taken last August when we were flooded out. See that bright light blue "dot" in the middle" That's my redneck swimming pool in my back yard. That was about the only thing that escaped unscathed. Just moved back in 3 days before Xmas. Not 100% rebuilt but close enough to be comfortable and a lot more convenient to work on.

flood aerial.JPG

2 hours ago, Mudisfun said:

Major flooding today in So. Cal... thinking of calling in the National Guard for support.

Image result for rain puddle

You be careful out there! I know how it is when this happens.

Also.... what is in the middle of that dangerous lake?