Majestic 2015 Unis

rjt6
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3311 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I wear that patriotic flag shirt every July 4 to umpire in front of 7-8,000 people. It's in no way disrespectful.

Looking through your own lens maybe. I've never served in the military and never will...but if a veteran or active duty says that it's disrespectful due to the rules of the flag, then it's disrespectful because they are right.

• Like 1

Speaking for myself only, I did what I did and most other military veterans did what they did, so people can have the freedom to make choices. Even if they are less than exemplary choices. Who am I to judge? I don't wear one. I don't even wear flag patches on my umpire shirts. Personal choice. I don't need to wave a flag to show I love my country. I think 23 years of service and sacrifice says enough.

• Like 8

I wear that patriotic flag shirt every July 4 to umpire in front of 7-8,000 people. It's in no way disrespectful.

Looking through your own lens maybe. I've never served in the military and never will...but if a veteran or active duty says that it's disrespectful due to the rules of the flag, then it's disrespectful because they are right.

After a career in the Navy I think I can decipher what is wrong and right with the flag. Read MajorDave's post. People gave their lives for your right to debate this.  I have did things that I can never talk about, not even at home with my wife.  I also believe that women should remove their hats and place them over their hearts during the National Anthem.  I respect your opinion. 

• Like 4

I don't care what anyone wears on the field, American flag, camouflage, all sorts of different colors. (I also have the Texas orange and Bermuda blue from Officials Choice, so I don't mind wearing something different). Wear what you want, but I personally cannot do the American flag shirt, it just reminds me too much of this. Not bagging on anyone for wearing it, but I just can't.

Unless it helps you get girls, hey then I'm all for it.

2445507445_b94afe9ce7_z.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like them because they're ugly .....  and @umpstu, thanks for posting this link as it was what I was going to convey

Exactly.  I don't understand the big deal about the National Anthem standoff.  Sure it's wrong if it delays the game, but how is it in any way disrespectful for a kid to be standing at attention after the Anthem?  Especially if his teammates carry him into the dugout.  I think that's hilarious. Seems to be more people complaining who never served. In fact, I've never heard of a fellow veteran complain about this. Not one.  In fact, I asked another vet last night if he had issues with it and he said not at all.  Ok, I think the horse is now sufficiently dead. Carry on and a big thank you to my fellow vets on the first annual get the hell off the subject national holiday Monday.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Max, the shirts on the officials choice website have the camo shirts you were talking about. I got a pair for me and a buddy that we are doing all our games on Armed Forces Day in May.

see ya in just over 2 months at CDP.

Matt H