2015 NFHS Part 1 test

catsbackr
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2670 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Where's the questions?We only take 1 test in Florida

We used to take a test for regular season and an additional test for post season. Now its only one test from the NFHS website. I think you have to score 80 or better.

• 3 weeks later...

We take the NFHS test (100 Q) supported through the Arbiter. It has been available the 1st week of Feb the past 2 or 3 years. Why this year it's not going to be available until late March (3/23 I think), I have no idea. Anybody have link to tests that would make for good study material.

• 2 weeks later...

The South Carolina test is the NFHS's 100 multiple choice question test.  We took it at www.exams.nfhs.org .  I have taken this test every year since 2000.  I did very well (96), but I thought that this was the hardest high school test, by far, that I have ever taken. 

There were a few questions that I feel were poorly written (although I admit that it could have been my lawyer-self over-analyzing those questions.  I am prone to do that. LOL) 

Anyways, on to the season now.

The South Carolina test is the NFHS's 100 multiple choice question test.  We took it at www.exams.nfhs.org .  I have taken this test every year since 2000.  I did very well (96), but I thought that this was the hardest high school test, by far, that I have ever taken. 

There were a few questions that I feel were poorly written (although I admit that it could have been my lawyer-self over-analyzing those questions.  I am prone to do that. LOL) 

Anyways, on to the season now.

We took Part I, a 50 question test here in Mississippi.  We'll have another 50 questions, Part II, once the season starts.  Have to pass that one to be eligible for play-offs. 

There are a few questions that are poorly written and lead to over-analyzing.  Said by another lawyer who is also prone to do that.  I've learned that "shall", "must", and "may" mean different things in court and on the baseball field.

• Like 1

I just took my 1st state test  last night (170 question state exam) and passed!

Happy days!

Congrats!

170??? WOW 

All of California has this?

The others in the group did not see fazed by the number of questions so I am inclined to believe this is the norm.

I just took my 1st state test last night (170 question state exam) and passed!

Happy days!

Congrats!

170??? WOW

The others in the group did not see fazed by the number of questions so I am inclined to believe this is the norm.

Our online study guide test is 175 questions this year. The in-class certification exam is 50 questions.

I just took my 1st state test last night (170 question state exam) and passed!

Happy days!

Congrats!

170??? WOW

Our online study guide test is 175 questions this year. The in-class certification exam is 50 questions.

See when a rookie speaks bad info comes out  :smachhead:.

Thanks Grayhawk... I am still trying to find North with all the information out there.

• 1 month later...