Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4309 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

All ....

 

Here it is.  My Nike non-retail steel.  This was a navy mask and I had it stripped and Powdercoated by Tony at Mask-it in Anodized Silver Metallic.  Mask comes with NEW, never worn Nike pads, navy. Nike harness. Nike throat guard, and Honigs sun shield.

 

$150 plus shipping (determined afterwards based on zip code), paypal only

 

Respond, or PM me .... 

 

Here it is before I put the throat guard on it, w/ the sunshield and TW pads on it ( TW pads DO NOT come w/ the mask however)

 

Navy Pads still available ....pads only

 

 

post-969-14042470331604.jpg

 

post-969-14042470655419.jpg

Posted
The OP doesn't like to read the truth and arbitrarily erased the post.
???
Posted

This is what he PM me

 

Sent Today, 05:59 PM

I deleted your comment ....don't be an asshole... OK..... You have no idea what I have into this mask?! I don't mess with your buy, sell , trade stuff...... Stay out of it please

Jeff

 

IMHO we need to ask for a moderator resignation here.  That is not the way a moderator should treat a member.

Posted

Trust me, my feelings weren't hurt. I just get really confused when all you do on this forum is post smart ass comments and try to stir the pot. It gets tiring

Posted

Sidebar
I wish I could delete many posts that people put on things I say or try to sell. Unfortunately only mods can do it.

Personally I don't blame @Thunderheads . He's trying to sell something and if a post hurts a potential sale I would also delete it.

Posted

Sorry to hurt your feelings I'll put in a sidebar next time

@Thunderheads has a point. You have made some smart ass comments. Even to me. But you also have sent me info on where to buy cheaper jackets. Since I didn't get to read the post that was deleted I have to trust the moderators.

  • Like 2
Posted

This is what he PM me

 

Sent Today, 05:59 PM

I deleted your comment ....don't be an asshole... OK..... You have no idea what I have into this mask?! I don't mess with your buy, sell , trade stuff...... Stay out of it please

Jeff

 

IMHO we need to ask for a moderator resignation here.  That is not the way a moderator should treat a member.

I'm having Warren re-instate gnhbua93's post that I deleted.  I wanted it to be put back so I can show everyone what he said, what he did, and so I can disclose exactly what I have into this mask.

 

BTW...you should see the stuff HE SENT ME in a private message!  But, ... PMs are just that, and I'd never show them in the public forum.

Posted

Ok everyone....

In light of the immature hijack attempt on this thread last night I'd like to add a photo of the mask with everything put together.  But, most importantly I'd like to disclose what I actually do have in this mask so people don't think I'm trying to screw anyone. 

 

First, let's start with the frame...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310939122048?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I got the Nike frame and an FM25 for $15.55.  So, each frame as $7.775

 

I then sent both frames to Tony at Mask-it and had the coating removed and had them powdercoated.  $45 includes shipping

 

I then purchased brand new Nike Navy pads from panda76 for $30

 

I got a Honig's sun visor for $10

 

Then I picked up the Nike throat guard for $20

 

So, total I'm in this for $112.775 call it $113.

 

Now, go to Ebay and look up Nike mask "sold items" and you'll see NON powdercoated steel Nike masks that have sold for $150.   Therefore, I don't think what I'm asking for this mask is outrageous whatsoever.

 

If someone would like to make me an offer, ...I'd certainly consider anything

  • Like 1
Posted

Ok everyone....

In light of the immature hijack attempt on this thread last night I'd like to add a photo of the mask with everything put together. But, most importantly I'd like to disclose what I actually do have in this mask so people don't think I'm trying to screw anyone.

First, let's start with the frame...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310939122048?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I got the Nike frame and an FM25 for $15.55. So, each frame as $7.775

I then sent both frames to Tony at Mask-it and had the coating removed and had them powdercoated. $45 includes shipping

I then purchased brand new Nike Navy pads from panda76 for $30

I got a Honig's sun visor for $10

Then I picked up the Nike throat guard for $20

So, total I'm in this for $112.775 call it $113.

Now, go to Ebay and look up Nike mask "sold items" and you'll see NON powdercoated steel Nike masks that have sold for $150. Therefore, I don't think what I'm asking for this mask is outrageous whatsoever.

If someone would like to make me an offer, ...I'd certainly consider anything

I think it's a fair price. You shouldn't have to justify yourself. You are probably one of the most trustworthy people on this forum.

Posted

 

Ok everyone....

In light of the immature hijack attempt on this thread last night I'd like to add a photo of the mask with everything put together. But, most importantly I'd like to disclose what I actually do have in this mask so people don't think I'm trying to screw anyone.

First, let's start with the frame...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310939122048?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I got the Nike frame and an FM25 for $15.55. So, each frame as $7.775

I then sent both frames to Tony at Mask-it and had the coating removed and had them powdercoated. $45 includes shipping

I then purchased brand new Nike Navy pads from panda76 for $30

I got a Honig's sun visor for $10

Then I picked up the Nike throat guard for $20

So, total I'm in this for $112.775 call it $113.

Now, go to Ebay and look up Nike mask "sold items" and you'll see NON powdercoated steel Nike masks that have sold for $150. Therefore, I don't think what I'm asking for this mask is outrageous whatsoever.

If someone would like to make me an offer, ...I'd certainly consider anything

I think it's a fair price. You shouldn't have to justify yourself. You are probably one of the most trustworthy people on this forum.

 

Magic,

Thanks for that!

I know I shouldn't have to justify anything here, but it's on principal.  Nothing makes me happier than proving a point with facts especially when someone tries to pull a fast one.

Posted

If the price is too high, just don't buy it or offer a lower price that you will pay for it. There's not really a need to get into a pissing match over something you think is priced too high. 

  • Like 4
Posted

I have to agree with Jax this is a very fair price. Jeff has always been good to me on here and I trust he wouldn't try to rip anyone off especially someone in our line of work. When I had the Nike NRS rig done up for my Dad this last year had I not had connections with a family member for powder coating and in getting the frame it self I would have spent well over $150 to do basically what Jeff has done with his rig minus the throat guard and Nike pads. Heck Jeff even sent me a PM giving me first dibs on his original west vest that he had retrofitted because over a year ago I mentioned that if he ever decided to sell it I would definitely be interested. Any guy who goes out of his way to do that for another umpire is a top notch guy in my book.

  • 2 weeks later...
×
×
  • Create New...