Jump to content
  • 0

MLB Umpire hats


Guest Guest #13
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4717 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Guest Guest #13
Posted

Does anyone know what stitch hats MLB umpires wear behind the plate and on the bases?

 

Is is 4 stitch behind the plate, and 6 stitch on the bases?

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted

You can wear a hat even if you have a large head under a HSM. I wear a 7 3/4 hat and wear a 6-stitch under an All Star.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • 0
Posted

You can wear a hat even if you have a large head under a HSM. I wear a 7 3/4 hat and wear a 6-stitch under an All Star.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't disagree, other bucket wearers are the ones doing that. I will also add they are unsightly on umpires, inconvenient to manipulate, and I believe over-hyped  in regards to concussions. JMHO 

  • 0
Posted

I wore a bucket all last season. Unlikely I'll switch back now.

It will be a cold day in hell before I wear a hat with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

  • 0
Posted

I wore a bucket all last season. Unlikely I'll switch back now.

It will be a cold day in hell before I wear a hat with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You went back to the bucket, thought you had abandoned that thing. :D

  • 0
Posted

I wore a bucket all last season. Unlikely I'll switch back now.

It will be a cold day in hell before I wear a hat with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You went back to the bucket, thought you had abandoned that thing. :D

Nope, only wore a mask once all season. I love the fact I don't sweat up as many hats this way. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

  • 0
Posted

does anyone know where to get blank New Era hats with the leather sweatband instead of cloth?

Try Honigs.  I bought one from them last year.

×
×
  • Create New...