Fieldin Culbreth Injury

Stan W.
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3996 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Watching my Pirates beat the Brewers tonight, Fieldin Culbreth took a nasty foul ball to the collarbone/neck area and was taken off the field directly to the clubhouse. He left holding his arm across his chest, sounds awfully like a collarbone injury...... hopefully he is not severly injured............. 

Snuck a look at our MLB CP thread, shows Culbreth wears a Wilson Charcoal.......never having worn a Charcoal is this a weak spot?,   

Watching my Pirates beat the Brewers tonight, Fieldin Culbreth took a nasty foul ball to the collarbone/neck area and was taken off the field directly to the clubhouse. He left holding his arm across his chest, sounds awfully like a collarbone injury...... hopefully he is not severly injured............. 

Snuck a look at our MLB CP thread, shows Culbreth wears a Wilson Charcoal.......never having worn a Charcoal is this a weak spot?,   

I thought "The Third Team" documentary shows Culbreth wearing a Power, yes?  I'll try to find it.....

A while back there was a poster that kept saying that if you you the proper stance there would be no way the ball could get your throat area. False sense of security!!!

The ball WILL get you.

• Like 2

A while back there was a poster that kept saying that if you you the proper stance there would be no way the ball could get your throat area. False sense of security!!!

The ball WILL get you.

Yeah, he was rebuking me. I had a similar hit to the side of my throat; was a little higher, didn't stick and only left a bruise.

Throat guard, check. Stance, check. Getting hit, happens. Well said johnnyg08.

I wear the charcoal, it is basically the same as the platinum. They secret is wearing out correctly. Even then injuries are a possibility.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

not nearly the same collarbone protection ..................

I wear the charcoal, it is basically the same as the platinum. They secret is wearing out correctly. Even then injuries are a possibility.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

not nearly the same collarbone protection ..................

Agree

old shirt? You mean the long sleve black? it's an older style but Majestic doesn't make a long sleeve shirt.  RIght?

Jeff Nelson was wearing the Majestic-manufactured 2013 long sleeved shirt in San Diego last night.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27244099&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_27244099&v=3