Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4887 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

SEEDS  

30 members have voted

  1. 1. What brand of sunflower seeds do you prefer?

    • David (pshh...)
      15
    • Frito-Lay
      5
    • Bigs
      7
    • Giants
      0
    • Spitz
      3
    • Zotes
      0


Recommended Posts

Posted

[edit] I [/edit] Don't do seeds on the field.

 

We actually had a coach who sent a letter to our commish once upon a time telling us umpires were not allowed to have seeds on the field any more. Apparently, the salt from the shell was killing the grass specifically in the A, B & C positions. He sent pictures. 

 

To be fair he wasn't letting his players have seeds either. 

Posted

So if you can't do seeds you just take out the dip can right?  :wow:

Posted

Don't do seeds on the field.

 

We actually had a coach who sent a letter to our commish once upon a time telling us umpires were not allowed to have seeds on the field any more. Apparently, the salt from the shell was killing the grass specifically in the A, B & C positions. He sent pictures. 

 

To be fair he wasn't letting his players have seeds either. 

What a crock!

Unless you have a paid clean-up crew the best approach is to ban seeds - or at the very least don't sell them at your park.

You are kidding?

Posted

Sorry I think I gave the wrong impression  I meant to write " I  don't do seeds on the field."

 

Don't do seeds on the field.

 

We actually had a coach who sent a letter to our commish once upon a time telling us umpires were not allowed to have seeds on the field any more. Apparently, the salt from the shell was killing the grass specifically in the A, B & C positions. He sent pictures. 

 

To be fair he wasn't letting his players have seeds either. 

Posted

 

Sorry I think I gave the wrong impression  I meant to write " I  don't do seeds on the field."

 

Don't do seeds on the field.

 

We actually had a coach who sent a letter to our commish once upon a time telling us umpires were not allowed to have seeds on the field any more. Apparently, the salt from the shell was killing the grass specifically in the A, B & C positions. He sent pictures. 

 

To be fair he wasn't letting his players have seeds either. 

 

I understood. Are these fields watered? I find it hard to believe there was enough salt to kill the grass. HorseS*&(%!

  • Like 1
Posted

 

Unless you have a paid clean-up crew the best approach is to ban seeds - or at the very least don't sell them at your park.

You are kidding?

 

 

 

Not at all. They create an unbelievable mess in the dugouts and on the field.

Posted

Not sure who makes them but... bacon flavor #1 (what doesn't go good with bacon?)

 

We have a very nice field that seeds are good - gum is bad! Messes up their mowers (mostly the rollers I think) really bad. Want to p$ss off the grounds crew, throw gum down (yes they have a full time crew for the stadium.

Posted

[edit] I [/edit] Don't do seeds on the field.

 

We actually had a coach who sent a letter to our commish once upon a time telling us umpires were not allowed to have seeds on the field any more. Apparently, the salt from the shell was killing the grass specifically in the A, B & C positions. He sent pictures. 

 

To be fair he wasn't letting his players have seeds either. 

 

 

Tell him to get some pitchers that can get somebody out and the umpires won't be in the infield so much. :fuel:  :angel4:

Posted

Not sure who makes them but... bacon flavor #1 (what doesn't go good with bacon?)

Those are Bigs.

Speaking of, I recently discovered Bigs. Compared to the popular brand, Bigs are indeed substantially bigger, the shell pops when you open it, there are never bad seeds, and the flavors are great while not extremely salty (30 grams of kernels of Bigs dill pickle contains 190mg of sodium, 25 grams of kernels of David original has 1070mg.)

I thought all seeds were created equal, but now I wonder if there are even better seeds. Giants kettle roast looks promising.

Posted

All turf field in New Mexico have signs posted stating "No Seeds Allowed."  I think we are up to four of those in the Albuquerque area.

Posted

I hate watching umpires and players shooting seeds all over. I don't get it

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Thats why I eat cheeseburgers on the field.

Ballbags hold 3-4. Each.

  • Like 3
Posted

All turf field in New Mexico have signs posted stating "No Seeds Allowed."  I think we are up to four of those in the Albuquerque area.

 

I have seen more and more parks going to a "No Seeds" rule....

 

Funny, last night was the first time in months that I had seeds with me on the bases.... Just felt like it.

Posted

What I love is when I'm on an all turf field and they tell me no seeds so I pull out the copenhagen and throw a dip in no one has ever said anything to me about the dip, mainly because i'm respectful and throw it in the dugout trash can when i'm done with it.

×
×
  • Create New...