Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4072 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

..........I was NOT actually ...... I was NOT tracking the ball ALL THE WAY into the mitt with my eyes! Yeah, yeah, go ahead, ........................I know, I know! :smachhead: Come to find out, I was tracking it with my eyes right into the front edge of the plate, (where I like to invision seeing an imaginary pane of glass), but I wasn't finishing the tracking into the mitt ... WOW, ...all it took was an instructor to see that and go over a few things, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It just 'feels' better, and the view is so much better! Now, I'll only suck 1/2 as bad :shakehead: It's just a testament to the value of going to a professional clinic! :hi5:
I was doing the same thing. All it took was one pitch for my instructor to see it. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

..........I was NOT actually ......

I was NOT tracking the ball ALL THE WAY into the mitt with my eyes!  Yeah, yeah, go ahead, ........................I know, I know! :smachhead:

Come to find out, I was tracking it with my eyes right into the front edge of the plate, (where I like to invision seeing an imaginary pane of glass), but I wasn't finishing the tracking into the mitt ...

WOW, ...all it took was an instructor to see that and go over a few things, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  It just 'feels' better, and the view is so much better!  Now, I'll only suck 1/2 as bad :shakehead:

It's just a testament to the value of going to a professional clinic! :hi5:

..........I was NOT actually ......

I was NOT tracking the ball ALL THE WAY into the mitt with my eyes!  Yeah, yeah, go ahead, ........................I know, I know! :smachhead:

Come to find out, I was tracking it with my eyes right into the front edge of the plate, (where I like to invision seeing an imaginary pane of glass), but I wasn't finishing the tracking into the mitt ...

WOW, ...all it took was an instructor to see that and go over a few things, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  It just 'feels' better, and the view is so much better!  Now, I'll only suck 1/2 as bad :shakehead:

It's just a testament to the value of going to a professional clinic! :hi5:

SEMUC is a great camp.  I go every year and learn multiple things each season!

One of the instructors at SEMUC, Brad Myers, told me that if you're tracking all the way into the mitt, you'll be looking at the back of the catcher's mitt every time...on every pitch.  If you aren't seeing that after each pitch, you're not tracking completely.  Like Jeff said, the difference is night and day.

One of the instructors at SEMUC, Brad Myers, told me that if you're tracking all the way into the mitt, you'll be looking at the back of the catcher's mitt every time...on every pitch.  If you aren't seeing that after each pitch, you're not tracking completely.  Like Jeff said, the difference is night and day.

Yes sir! :D

Hi Jeff, I can't tell by your avatar who you are ...what group were you in??