johnnyg08

New UI

Huge black stripes - unreadable.

Which are you referring to? At the top of this page? on the forum home for each section?

please let me know. 

It is still a work in progress about 90% complete.

Holy Crap it looks bad in Explorer & FF Grrr

Switching to the default until I have a fix.

For those who use chrome you can still use this theme by selecting change theme in the bottom left and selecting New UE.

Here's what it looks like in chrome and how it is intended to look... attachicon.gif home.JPG

It was like this on my end (droid) before went to default, which I prefer BTW.

Here's what it looks like in chrome and how it is intended to look...

attachicon.gifhome.JPG

----------------

Mine looks just like Warren's pin on Google Chrome, but haven't tried my Droid yet. I won't touch Internet Explorer with a ten foot bat unless I'm totally forced to.

This is what it looks like.  Not useful!!!!

UE.jpg

Yikes, that's not how it looked for me in Safari.

attachicon.gifhome.JPG

that's how it looked for me in Safari.

attachicon.gifhome.JPG

That's how it looks in my Firefox, looks great. Though my first reaction was "who died?".

One thing I hope people will notice and take advantage of is the enhanced Google search.

Obviously it is more powerful than what the forum is capable of, but it can also search fewer terms. Like RBI or TOT or something else you may want to search with fewer characters. It has a few bugs in it too but I think I have Identified most of the bugs and have a plan to address.

If you still want to use the forum search, which does have it's advantages, you can clock the sprocket looking icon to the right. 

Enhanced search is probably one of the most requested things members ask for, and I hope it will meet everybody's needs.

I did notice the search too. I've been using the Google site search so that will be a nice replacement!

Overall its good and I dont really meant this as a complaint because I know it must take a lot of time to do this site and I appreciate the effort but I'm not sure why the forums with unread posts need to be highlighted in grey.  They already have an icon that indicates this and using just the icon make it cleaner in my opinion.

But, maybe theres something I dont know about. (Yes, I know I left myself open with that comment)

No I want the feedback! Please! Good Bad Indifferent let me know that's how these changes come. People make suggestions and I look into it. Some I can do others I can't.

Warren - 

The new Google Search bar doesn't seem to work for me.

I searched for "Balk" and got "Sorry, we couldn't find that!"

The advanced Search option works fine.  (Click the sprocket next to the search bar)

Same here. I searched "plantar" for the foot condition. Got the same result as Steve.

*note* I switched to the default. Just suits me better.