Black Friday?

T-Rav
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4169 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I picked up 2 HMLS shirts in navy and i too picked up a K17 jacket to go along with a pair of heather gray plate pants and could not be more happy with their quality and the pricing i got from ann arbor. I have never been dissapointed with the quality and service from Honigs. I have been buying from Honigs since 1990 and after over $15 000 worth of umpire gear for myself and the boys up north i continue to buy 90% of my umpire gear from ann arbor

We all have different preferences and things we like and dislike. Nothing wrong with that.

If you compare their current offerings (HMLS shirts, K17 jackets) to items from a few years ago, there is a sharp, noticeable decrease in quality. Their stuff now feels flimsy and cheap to me. Again, just my $.02.

Although they are totally different jackets, comapare a Majestic Therma Base jacket to the K17 or K14 convertible jacket in terms of quality and construction and durability. Its not even close.

And yes, the Majestic is made overseas. Its not a USA/non USA issue. You can make a quality product overseas and charge a reasonable price.

I bought my bag at Costco 2 seasons ago for $34.99 and it is identical to the top brands. The brand name is ful.

I use one of these as well and though it is a bit small, it sitll works pretty well. We have several of them for traveling and they hold up pretty well also.

I've ranted enough about Honig's on here so I'll just say that whenever possible, I avoid doing business with them.

• Like 1

There's a whole buncha white!

I put on my sunglasses before I opened up the box. :cool2: Glad I did too.

No joke. I my first base in a while(after 24 plates) and can't wait to show these bad boys off and watch all the old timers cringe. :wave:

To me, white on the shoes gives an umpire a more athletic look.

Patent leather, gives them more of a pimp look.

Both, again in my opinion, are attention getters, or, attention beggars.

Me, I like the subtle, classy look. Like a plate coat, with +POS low tops. Shined, but not garish.

But that's why we have so many options, within the structure of wearing the same uniform. We're all different, and think certain and different things look cool. And, we all make compromises for comfort and fashion. I love the look of +POS, with a Parade Gloss finsih, but only wear them for four man, 'cause they're so dang heavy. Same with a plate coat, which may only see three nights a year here in San Diego. And I get what looks cool to me, say, a long sleeved, black jersey on the bases, is heresy to others.

So wear what makes you feel good, ladies and gents. And remember, the only folks that care are other umpires. We're all out there just trying to impress each other. (Which is pretty silly, when you step back and think about it)

• Like 1

Never owned a pair of Zigs. How do they run compared to say Nike Diamond Trainers?

I wear size 12 in both Nike Diamond trainers and Reebok Zigs. The Reebok runs maybe 1/4 size large, but 11 1/2 would be too small.

• 2 weeks later...

If history is any clue maybe Honigs will knock off $15 or so on Polywools???

Boy they jacked the prices way up, higher than they were before. $73.95 for base and $79.95 for plate. Geez.

http://www.honigs.com/sub/41/PBS1

http://www.honigs.com/sub/0/PBS2

Isn't that about what they were charging before the UA poly wools came out?

Looks like Honig's knocked down the prices of the Poly Wools again. Strange. They have narrowed the price difference between the plate and base models, though it appears.

$69.95 for plate and $66.95 for base.

http://www.honigs.com/sub/0/PBS1

http://www.honigs.com/sub/0/PBS2