-
Posts
1,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
19
Everything posted by BLWizzRanger
-
At Face Value (Magnesium Masks & Other Things)
BLWizzRanger replied to MadMax's topic in Umpire Equipment
Thanks @DerekGDS! Your mind meld persuasion made me pull the trigger even though my fall ball season is winding down and I won't be able to use until the spring. IDK, maybe I will just hang it on my wall and stare at it while working my desk job. Who am I kidding? I will probably wear it while looking over my three screens to test the sight lines in it. I've got to do something with it, you know? -
That would be the difference between an FU and an FM (F Me)... lol
-
@concertman1971 I apologize if this is out of line. I don't want to put you on the spot so defer if you want to. So what is your percentage of correct calls in these situations and do you mumble under your breath an 'FU' when the challenge goes in your favor? And, how has it helped your strike zone?
-
The night my eyes were blessed...a true official's story
BLWizzRanger replied to SeeingEyeDog's topic in Free For All
To totally hijack the thread, watch this concerning the demise of bands on the top 40 charts. It is an interesting happening... https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1GtPTYSgHv/ -
He is self aware. That makes him an AI 2.0 or Terminator 2.0. Number 4 above... talk about abandonment... jeesh... if you don't get it called there, are you even trying?
-
The night my eyes were blessed...a true official's story
BLWizzRanger replied to SeeingEyeDog's topic in Free For All
Lighten up, Francis, it was a joke. Sorry that you were offended of broadly characterizing a band in the 60's and 70's as hippies. But, since you asked, I got this from Google's Chat AI: I guess I was wrong. Back to my Tapioca pudding.... -
The night my eyes were blessed...a true official's story
BLWizzRanger replied to SeeingEyeDog's topic in Free For All
It means he is going to become a hippy and start using alternative, natural medication to determine his next steps. Edited to add: "and there is nothing wrong with that." -
Coach, and maybe the umpire, is lucky the mask only swiped his head and didn't make flush contact.
-
-
Its a tough one. Do you blame the F1 for the obstruction though? If F1 allows the F2 to continue, no obstruction. However, if the F2 veers off to the right (to the left, he runs into his F1), chances are he will obstruct with the BR still because the BR will probably go to the right to try and get around the F1. Just a tough few seconds for the F2.
-
Its the video that is going around showing an umpire throwing the first punch on a coach and the ensuing wrestling match. Audio is hard to hear, but there was a back and forth before the punch and wrestling match started.
-
Thanks! This is the one I was looking for to see how similar my situation was with this... and my ruling was mostly influenced by this and the thread at that time. But, mine was a little different with a tag attempt for moving toward second base....
-
This happened this weekend. Under 18 showcase so they weren't playing for anything but we were using college rules for safety bag during this play. Well, it wasn't really mentioned which safety bag rules were used, but, the bag was there and we were on a college field. lol BR runs down the line on a hit to F4. BR properly touches safety bag on the way through and makes no moves toward second base. F4 throws wide and gets past F3 but F2 is backing up. The defensive team gets a notion that the BR makes a move toward 2nd and tries to tag him. As the BR goes back to the bag, he is tagged by a fielder (I can't remember which fielder tagged him - not important). As the tag is being placed on him, he touches the safety base and stops because the fielder making the tag is in his way. Once the tag is off of him, he touches the proper bag. Defensive team wanted the runner out because he was being tagged as he stopped at the safety bag. So I call the BR safe as the original tag was for predicated on false information and the BR stopped where he did because there was someone in his way. He was still making his way back to the base 'immediately' after passing first base in my judgement. On further thought, this seemed like another 'excuse me' appeal here where they just happened to be applying a tag for making a turn but weren't appealing or making a play of touching the improper bag at the time. Just questioning myself on this one... what are the thoughts on this?
-
Only Clark Griswald was impressed with seeing Big Ben and Parliment after countless times. You've got to step up your game. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
-
Alt most respect to you all. It is unthankful job that isnt easy. Son of a Marine and father to one whom is standing around (hopefully) in DC right now. Also, I work closely to one service whom is on the 30ish attempt to update in-service software. Its not easy there either. I always wondered why high schools dont promote their bands by playing a recording of their rendition of the Anthem. Just keep it under a minute and a half with no new interpretations, please. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
-
Did he get called out for a heads first slide? I thought in another game, a player did and was called out for that. I don't know the intricacies of LL rules though.
-
Balk to 3B -- Crew Conferences -- Changed to Step Off
BLWizzRanger replied to johnnyg08's topic in Situations
These umpires might not be full time but 2U (seen at the last part of the video) probably is on the local Pro wrestling circuit or the strongest man circuit. Jeesh.... Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk -
Pawol to make history as MLB's first female umpire
BLWizzRanger replied to Velho's topic in Professional
If Ump-attire or GD doesn't have anything on their web sites, I doubt there is anything. -
That's interesting. I don't do LL so I don't know. But, it seems like you would take the last batted out and place them at the first 'occupied' base that fits into the batting order and move the other BR accordingly. I really don't think it matters which base because the next time that player comes to bat, that position should be off of the bases. Yeah, lets go with that and not complicate if further.
-
In situations like these, you have got to ask yourself..... how would Banana Ball handle this?
-
New rule: If an IF is called, three out of the four umpires on the field press a button that activates Hawkeye to track the ball and release an actual hawk to catch the ball. It then returns the ball to the batboy as the ball is no longer usable due to the claws. If the hawk doesn't catch it, Hawkeye shoots the ball out of the air. This eliminates all players of having to know the rule and having to hear the coaches say "he didn't hear you." Lower level leagues have two years to implement having a trained hawk present at all games. Receiving and installing Hawkeye will be given a three year implementation plan. I haven't actually thought this all through yet but it seems like a very viable solution....
-
Dont know? Is he a spectator? Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
-
Another shameless shilling plug for UmpLife's ball bags...
BLWizzRanger replied to SeeingEyeDog's topic in Umpire Equipment
