New Balance T3000 Field Shoes are here... opinions?

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 431 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

34 minutes ago, ATXBlue said:

@GreyhoundAggie you should see if they have any stock left on the Clifton 8. The 9 just came out last week so the 8 is still around and at a discounted price. 

How do you guys keep those clean on HS fields?  Do you work mostly turf games?  I'd love the lightweight and don't like polished shoes in the field either, but those seem like they'd look bad after a few games with all that mesh.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

How do you guys keep those clean on HS fields?  Do you work mostly turf games?  I'd love the lightweight and don't like polished shoes in the field either, but those seem like they'd look bad after a few games with all that mesh.

Thanks!

I was just speaking from knowledge on Hoka because that is the brand of shoe I use for running, I have never used them on the field.

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

Thanks!

I think it depends on the fabric in general.   MOST of the time, you're going to get a shoe 'dusty' while in A, or walking out to the outfield between innings.  I think it depends on the overall 'dust level' ....

1 minute ago, ATXBlue said:

I was just speaking from knowledge on Hoka because that is the brand of shoe I use for running, I have never used them on the field.

I like the looks and they have a great reputation.  I just want something that'll clean easy too - and look good for a long time.

So I ended up getting the Arahi 6 by Hoka. The guy at the running store said they have more stability with a J Frame. So far they are comfortable. I'm just wearing them around right now. He recommended using some Scotch Gard to keep stuff from sticking to them as much. I also liked the look. Black White and Grey.

image.thumb.png.73c5f572d832dd16e49584a2962961df.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

How do you guys keep those clean on HS fields?

71JSUtUFcwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

One of the best purchases I've made for umpire gear. Blast away all that dust that gets into shinguards, into plate shoes, and into fabric base shoes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ATXBlue said:

I have never used them on the field.

Why not? What's keeping you from doing / trying that out? 

If it's a clean-factor, we're addressing that... 

If it's an "association / expectation / look" factor, you can ignore them. Unless your league / conference / association is providing you with specific models of shoe, then they have no hold over you on which shoes you wish to wear. 

54 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Why not? What's keeping you from doing / trying that out? 

Haven't had the need for new base shoes and I have a foot that would rival Barney Rubble so once I find a shoe that works I'm wearing it until it is no longer viable.

I will probably look at the Hoka Arahi for my next pair, the Clifton even in the wide has not been wide enough. That is one of the shoes I wear for running so it wouldn't need to be foot tested. 

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

One of the best purchases I've made for umpire gear. Blast away all that dust that gets into shinguards, into plate shoes, and into fabric base shoes. 

I’ve got two of those! They’re useful for lots of things. 😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MadMax said:

Sorry. The attachments must be matte black, the hose must be black, and the compressor/tank must be black with subdued logos and be covered with foam padding of not less than 1/4".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5