Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1806 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Posted

I was surprised that the PU did not call BI tonight.

I thought that a throw by F2 was not required for the interference to be called.

Am I wrong?

  • Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted
45 minutes ago, MT73 said:

I was surprised that the PU did not call BI tonight.

I thought that a throw by F2 was not required for the interference to be called.

Am I wrong?

You might be talking about the same thing I caught out of the corner of my eye, not totally focused on the game. 8th inning I think, I was thinking what was that. But no replay. You are not wrong. A throw is not required. But the reason for no throw should be hindrance as opposed to no play. Video would help.

  • 0
Posted
36 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

You might be talking about the same thing I caught out of the corner of my eye, not totally focused on the game. 8th inning I think, I was thinking what was that. But no replay. You are not wrong. A throw is not required. But the reason for no throw should be hindrance as opposed to no play. Video would help.

I caught some video and it was not the occurrence I glimpsed. Not a good night for Laz. 

  • 0
Posted

Should have been ball 4, but bc it was strike 3, most definitely should have been batters interference.

Looks eerily similar to a college play this year.

And this was an example (from a different thread) about, yes, coaches/players get a longer leash in the playoffs

  • 0
Posted
2 hours ago, noumpere said:

It might alos be a case of "I screwed the pooch on the strike call; I'm not going to also penalize the batter when my call led to the BI"

 

Not that the logic is right.

Or, maybe the umpire was so busy saying to himself "I kicked the crap out of that one" that he didn't even see the BI


×
×
  • Create New...