New guy in Central Jersey

Hi everyone,

Been lurking for a few years, mainly because I would get a kick out of telling my sons coach he was wrong after he spent 5 minutes arguing with an umpire. Now that my kids are off to college I thought I’d give it a try, just to stay around the game.

I’ve only done about a dozen games so far, mostly 9/10 year olds. Having a great time and no drama so far. Although last week I did get four pitches into a game before someone realized I hadn’t put my mask on (so yeah, that’s my starting point 😶)

Sunday will be my first game with a partner, a 14u travel game. Looking forward to it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Jersey is too small to have a section called central. 

What do you mean by that?

Welcome to the brotherhood. Call strikes, work hard, and be a sponge.

Welcome aboard! There are a decent number of us (myself included) who started umpiring after the kids got older. I just wish I had discovered this sooner.

• Like 1

Hey TJ,

Welcome to U-E! It's not the only umpire forum, it's just the best. As a new umpire, gearing up can be expensive. Don't miss our Buy, Sell, Trade forum. There are several new listings every week...masks, chest protectors, shinguards, uniforms and all kinds of good stuff.

~Dawg

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Kevin_K said:

New Jersey is too small to have a section called central. :stir

What do you mean by that?:FIRE:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1