Jump to content

2021 rule and casebooks


Recommended Posts

Just saw this in an email from the PIAA.

"Due to NFHS not printing rule and casebooks for the 2021 spring sport season.."

Is this FED policy going forward? No more hard copies? Will we get a link to a printable PDF?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@lawump said he had it in good authority (and with it coming from lawump, I believe it) that there will not be new rules or casebooks because if the pandemic. I wouldn't expect it to be the norm. 

26 minutes ago, umpstu said:

CIFSS let it be known Friday that their will be no rules changes for next year and that we should use the 2020 rule book and case book.

You should still take the NFHS survey and answer the question about a balk and whether you want an immediate dead ball or delayed dead ball and coach choice what happens. For 2022 of course:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 8:57 PM, conbo61 said:

Just saw this in an email from the PIAA.

"Due to NFHS not printing rule and casebooks for the 2021 spring sport season.."

Is this FED policy going forward? No more hard copies? Will we get a link to a printable PDF?

PIAA has been out in left field from the beginning of this fiasco.  Akin to our comrade governor, PIAA issues statements, false ones at that, then recants on "what they meant".  This has solidified my ceasing involvement with their organization. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 7:30 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

PIAA has been out in left field from the beginning of this fiasco.  Akin to our comrade governor, PIAA issues statements, false ones at that, then recants on "what they meant".  This has solidified my ceasing involvement with their organization. 

 

12 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

IHSA only sends us rulebooks every other year anyway.  Of course, my registration cost didn’t go down when they started it.

I wish they would just send us electronic access every year.

My state, Texas, has automatic NFHS Officials membership which allows access to the NFHS Arbiter central hub with all sports rule and casebook access. I believe PA and MS, @The man in blue's future home, also have automatic membership. The problem is how to get invited to the Arbiter NFHS group via your association. I had an existing NFHS account which then became free but I'm not sure how a current Texas official could get access thru our TASO or UIL organizations or how either of you could get access thru your associations. The rule and casebook apps on arbiter have great search functions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimurray said:

 

My state, Texas, has automatic NFHS Officials membership which allows access to the NFHS Arbiter central hub with all sports rule and casebook access. I believe PA and MS, @The man in blue's future home, also have automatic membership. 

South Carolina does, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.






×
×
  • Create New...