ChrisUrbz

Review: Under Armour Men's Ultimate Turf Trainer

Can someone give a comparison of the new Under Armour Men's Ultimate Turf Trainer to the New Balance base shoe?

I recently ordered both...and returned the UA shoes. They're fine, but I preferred the higher heel of the NB compared to the flatter UA. The UA also doesn't have as much tread, not sure I'd wear it on slick grass. Shoes are an individual thing, though....what i like may be nothing like what you like. Order both and try - both ump-attire and purchaseofficials should have free returns for this.

2 hours ago, scrounge said:

I recently ordered both...and returned the UA shoes. They're fine, but I preferred the higher heel of the NB compared to the flatter UA. The UA also doesn't have as much tread, not sure I'd wear it on slick grass. Shoes are an individual thing, though....what i like may be nothing like what you like. Order both and try - both ump-attire and purchaseofficials should have free returns for this.

Thanks for the feedback I too love my NB 

You can check out a video review for the shoe on our YouTube channel. This is the shoe I've been wearing since the middle of May for college baseball. I've worn them on natural grass, sport turf, in flurries and in the drizzling rain for multiple games. I like them & I wouldn't wear them if I didn't like them. Ultimately, it's up to what your feet tell you feels good. Hope this helps a bit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scott K said:

You can check out a video review for the shoe on our YouTube channel. This is the shoe I've been wearing since the middle of May for college baseball. I've worn them on natural grass, sport turf, in flurries and in the drizzling rain for multiple games. I like them & I wouldn't wear them if I didn't like them. Ultimately, it's up to what your feet tell you feels good. Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you!

Picked up a pair of these and wore them for the first time tonight.  I really like these and I think I will wear these more than the NB. 

As stated above they are flatter than the NB. 

The toe area is more roomy than the NB in the D width

The traction was fine even on a poorly maintained field especially for a turf shoe  

They cleaned up well and look great IMO  

Highly recomended. 

I got a pair of the UA base shoes for this season and absolutely love them.  I was formally strictly a NB wearer and do find the UA lighter and more comfortable.  They are a little harder to clean up due to the makeup of the middle of the shoe, but a wet rag usually takes care of it.

For now, I am strictly a NB wearer, and will remain as such until other companies provide shoes other than D width.  When you're a 4E kind of guy, a little extra toe room doesn't really matter if you can't get your Sasquatch traction element into the dang show to begin with!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

For now, I am strictly a NB wearer, and will remain as such until other companies provide shoes other than D width.  When you're a 4E kind of guy, a little extra toe room doesn't really matter if you can't get your Sasquatch traction element into the dang show to begin with!

I'm the same. I bought 10 pairs of shoes before the start of the season.m in order to find base shoes for the coming season. They consisted of 3 different sizes in the UA shoe, one Nike shoe, one size in the NB4040, one size in the another NB (of which I cant remember right now, and 4 of the NB950v3 in various widths/height/trim colors.

I had very high hopes for the UA shoes. But they were just to damn small. 

That being said... I am extremely happy with my mid top 950v3s!

On 4/24/2018 at 6:21 PM, ChrisUrbz said:

Can someone give a comparison of the new Under Armour Men's Ultimate Turf Trainer to the New Balance base shoe?

Slightly off-topic but will be a moot point soon. Under Armour no longer makes this style and is out. What is out there retail/stock-wise is all that is left (we are decently stocked at the moment).

5 hours ago, JimKirk said:

Slightly off-topic but will be a moot point soon. Under Armour no longer makes this style and is out. What is out there retail/stock-wise is all that is left (we are decently stocked at the moment).

Any idea why? I really like the shoe. 

:sarcasm: they likely sold too many and could not keep up with the demand .