Force3 Meeting with Ump-Attire.com

JimKirk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2908 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm a fan of both companies and Jim and Jason's efforts on behalf of umpires. I understand we are a small niche but that doesn't mean I want to risk injury when I strap it on every day. Thanks guys for making and selling gear that makes it safer and more comfortable to do what we love doing.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 5

10 hours ago, KenBAZ said:

I'm a fan of both companies and Jim and Jason's efforts on behalf of umpires. I understand we are a small niche but that doesn't mean I want to risk injury when I strap it on every day. Thanks guys for making and selling gear that makes it safer and more comfortable to do what we live doing.

Really nice of you to say Ken. Thank you very much! We will keep at it.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 2:11 PM, LRZ said:

FWIW, I had such a shoe maybe ~25 years ago, although I can't recall the manufacturer. The tops of the guards were laced through eyelets and the bottoms were attached with velcro. Maybe a good idea, maybe not, but the execution was poor: the bottoms kept coming loose and flapping around as I ran. 

I had a pair of those too.  I think they were either Riddell or Saucony, can't remember.  TheVelcro closure at the bottom worked well. I had a pair of 450's with the same issue of the stitching at the bottom fraying out like many others described. It seems a simple solution to this problem.  I even asked the guy that "fixed" my 450's a couple of times about adding Velcro to solve the problem but it couldn't be done because of the steel toe getting in the way.  I tried to get some  Velcro tape to do it myself, but the tape wouldn't adhere to the mesh bottom of the met guard.

Maybe a little late for your meeting with Jason, but...

I just purchased the Force 3 chest protector harness. The reason I chose theirs over the All Star was because it's advertised as being longer than the Delta Flex. (Well, that and the $10 price difference!).

The F3 harness is obviously a fine product. I was impressed by the quality materials and sturdy construction.  But if the F3 is longer, then the DF must be really way too short!

I'm using the new harness on a Wilson Platinum. I'm a fairly average sized guy, 5'9", 190 lbs, with a 36-38" waist. Starting out with the Platinum clips installed with as much length in the straps as possible (about 1/4" of strap sticking out of the clip, just the minimal amount to let me pull it through the clip), I had a tough time fastening the clips. Once I did get them fastened, the protector was so tight that it was pressing into my solar plexus hard enough to make it feel like I couldn't breathe. Very uncomfortable!

I somewhat alleviated that by grabbing the protector and pulling it away from my chest as hard as I could, repeatedly stretching the straps until they finally seemed to loosen up a bit. I imagine that they might become a little bit looser with use...and more stretching. 

While I really like the harness, If it's going to be advertised and marketed as a "universal" replacement, it would be great if the straps were about 3-4" longer on each side. As it is now, I can't imagine this working too well for anyone who's much bigger than "average". 

On 5/27/2016 at 4:21 AM, KenBAZ said:

I'm a fan of both companies and Jim and Jason's efforts on behalf of umpires. I understand we are a small niche but that doesn't mean I want to risk injury when I strap it on every day. Thanks guys for making and selling gear that makes it safer and more comfortable to do what we love doing.

100% agree. Worked with a guy today who asked me where the best place to buy stuff and I unhesitatingly recommended UA. Very few companies rival you on your fast delivery service. Prices aren't beaten either!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2016 at 11:32 AM, umpstu said:

Why white pockets?

On 5/26/2016 at 11:32 AM, umpstu said:

Why white pockets?

White pockets were one of the ways to tell Honig's polywool pants from Hardwicks.

I'm afraid the day of really high quality pants are over, and the price of those old drawers will do nothing but go up, Well, until the MLB makes a radical change to their uniforms.

OR, some company finally figures out who their biggest potential customer is (Little League umpires), partners with Williamsport, and designs their own, unique uniform. Jim, you HAVE to make this happen.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2016 at 11:52 AM, BretMan said:

Maybe a little late for your meeting with Jason, but...

I just purchased the Force 3 chest protector harness. The reason I chose theirs over the All Star was because it's advertised as being longer than the Delta Flex. (Well, that and the $10 price difference!).

The F3 harness is obviously a fine product. I was impressed by the quality materials and sturdy construction.  But if the F3 is longer, then the DF must be really way too short!

I'm using the new harness on a Wilson Platinum. I'm a fairly average sized guy, 5'9", 190 lbs, with a 36-38" waist. Starting out with the Platinum clips installed with as much length in the straps as possible (about 1/4" of strap sticking out of the clip, just the minimal amount to let me pull it through the clip), I had a tough time fastening the clips. Once I did get them fastened, the protector was so tight that it was pressing into my solar plexus hard enough to make it feel like I couldn't breathe. Very uncomfortable!

I somewhat alleviated that by grabbing the protector and pulling it away from my chest as hard as I could, repeatedly stretching the straps until they finally seemed to loosen up a bit. I imagine that they might become a little bit looser with use...and more stretching. 

While I really like the harness, If it's going to be advertised and marketed as a "universal" replacement, it would be great if the straps were about 3-4" longer on each side. As it is now, I can't imagine this working too well for anyone who's much bigger than "average". 

Not too late. I'll make sure Jason is aware of your comment.

One issue with any harness as a replacement is that there are chest protectors those that buckle in the side and those that buckle in the front, like yours. The latter takes more length to get there. The Delta Flex has the added thing against it in that you have to thread the strap one more time in the metal clip to make it work, which takes another inch and a half or so. The Force3 you do not. (Delta Flex strap is thinner than Wilson and Force3 so that it is not thick enough to stay in the clips unless you thread one more time)

Glad you were able to make yours work.

On May 29, 2016 at 5:29 PM, kylejt said:

White pockets were one of the ways to tell Honig's polywool pants from Hardwicks.

I'm afraid the day of really high quality pants are over, and the price of those old drawers will do nothing but go up, Well, until the MLB makes a radical change to their uniforms.

OR, some company finally figures out who their biggest potential customer is (Little League umpires), partners with Williamsport, and designs their own, unique uniform. Jim, you HAVE to make this happen.

I just bought a pair of the Gerry Davis Fetcheimer Poly Wool Plate Pants for $63 and they are of a high professional quality and as nice as the old Honig's Poly Wools. I am ordering the Poly Wool base pants. And they are a true fit to size.

I just bought a pair of the Gerry Davis Fetcheimer Poly Wool Plate Pants for $63 and they are of a high professional quality and as nice as the old Honig's Poly Wools. I am ordering the Poly Wool base pants. And they are a true fit to size.

What does this has to do with this thread?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

Nothing EXCEPT the thread had posts in which I saw comments on 1. White pockets vs Black Pockets...2. Sacony shoes...3. Riddel shoes ...4. A $279 shirt that requiers $60 alterations...4. Throat Guards....5. Steel Toe Shoes....etc., etc...So I figured, "Why not just throw my .2 cent response in...." Did I break some glourious rule that these others didn't...Sorry...carry on with this random thread....

19 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

I find it incredibly funny that you'd say something when you take a chance to hijack any thread in this forum to evangelize Force3 gear.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Welpe said:

Because it has veered off into discussing polywools. Threads do drift sometimes.

"young girls they do get wooly"

Thta's gold, right there, given the direction of this thread....