11/12 year old fight

tldavis19
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3648 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Top 3rd no outs runners on second and third. Batter hits a grounder that the 2nd baseman misses. runner from third is safely home and the runner from second hesitates and comes home. The catcher is standing on home plate when the throw comes in high over the catcher's mitt. The runner comes in standing up and contacts the catcher. I didn't think it was malicious, just contact. I call it nothing and the catcher falls to the ground having been in the air trying to catch the ball when the contact was made. The catcher gets up and begins trying to tackle the offensive player (which I have to admit I chuckle at now because the catcher was maybe 5'0" on a good day and the runner was in the 5'8"-5'10" range and twice his size). The catcher ends up wrapped around the offensive players ankles trying to bring him down and it was on. The taller kid ends up on top of the smaller kid pushing his face into the ground. At that point the coach for the offensive team finally arrived from the dugout and pulled them apart at which point I ejected both players. 

I only asked because . . . 

. . .   The catcher is standing on home plate when the throw comes in high over the catcher's mitt . . . 

Couldn't tell from your OP if the runner was near the plate or not when that happened.

Just yankin' yer chain, anyway.

• Like 1