- 0
Obstruction Interpretation
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4575 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question
tiger79
I need some input on an obstruction call for when the batter/runner rounds 1B on a single and bumps into the 1B fielder. No real attempt was made to go to 2B in my opinion. Is this obstruction? Is there a difference on the call between LL rules and PONY?
Top Posters For This Question
5
2
2
2
Popular Days
Mar 21
9
Mar 18
8
Mar 19
1
Top Posters For This Question
JaxRolo 5 posts
grayhawk 2 posts
Richvee 2 posts
ricka56 2 posts
Popular Days
Mar 21 2014
9 posts
Mar 18 2014
8 posts
Mar 19 2014
1 post
Popular Posts
maven
IF you rule OBS, then the award is mandatory in FED. As described, I would not rule OBS in this case, since the runner was not hindered per FED 2-22-1 or OBR 2.00 OBSTRUCTION.
JaxRolo
I make everything about me! I make calls just so that other people will look at me!
ricka56
At youth game, I have been known to call obstruction on F3 after I've already told him to get out of the way earlier in the game. I don't award a base (unless it is warranted), I'm just trying to teac
17 answers to this question
Recommended Posts