Rubbing Mud

celt62
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3706 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I ordered my mud for the year about a month ago from Lena Blackburne and they took my money but no mud, no communications whatsoever.   I've emailed several times and it's bounced back and their phone number is not in service.  The website is even different than the one it was ordered from now and it's not functional either.  I give up.  I even googled "out of business" and nothing.  Any thoughts?

Sounds like they are out of business, I would contact your credit card company immediately so you can get the charge removed.

Should've ordered from honigs.

Great tip about Honig's I forgot they carried it and saved 10% with my NASO discount.  I'll definitely contact my bank. Thanks.

What does an umpire need with rubbing mud, unless he's upper level college or pro circuit? 

It is for college (D1-D3, juco) and summer college ball.  Actually I go through quite a bit.

Is it required you provided this?

If so, glad I don't and won't ever work those levels.

Sounds like something teams should provide.

What does an umpire need with rubbing mud, unless he's upper level college or pro circuit? 

It is for college (D1-D3, juco) and summer college ball.  Actually I go through quite a bit.

Yeah, it's required.  At least a dozen for a single game and two dozen for a DH.  Once you get it down it only takes about 5-10 minutes doing it with your partners.  Show up an hour before game time and introduce yourselves. The home team gives you the balls which you take back and while you rub them up you do your pregame and return 10 minutes prior to the start.  Some summer leagues will give you as many as three dozen and that's a pain in the a#%!  Just another expense to write off on your taxes.

If they declared bankruptcy, you are SOL.  

A friend of mine put a $3000 down payment on a wedding reception venue.  The company took her money and scheduled their reception knowing full well they were in the bankruptcy process.  The next week they closed shop.  She couldn't get one penny back from that company.  

You're glad you don't work or won't ever work college ball?  Somewhat surprising response.

And rubbing up baseballs is a tradition, as much a part of baseball for umpires as hot dogs and the national anthem is to fans.

When I worked pro ball, one of my favorite pre game rituals was rubbing up the baseballs.  I would turn on the Ipod and mud up the balls.  Great time before the game to get into the zone.  Especially in pro ball.  I still turn on the Ipod but its not the same.  One of those rituals where I can be quite and get focused. 

A friend of mine put a $3000 down payment on a wedding reception venue.  The company took her money and scheduled their reception knowing full well they were in the bankruptcy process.  The next week they closed shop.  She couldn't get one penny back from that company.  

They must be offline or restructuring or who knows what?  I can't see bankruptcy when they supply all levels of pro ball with this.  It definitely is a redesigned website from when I ordered three weeks ago. Maybe they don't have the kinks out yet but that's no excuse for poor customer service.

They must be offline or restructuring or who knows what?  I can't see bankruptcy when they supply all levels of pro ball with this.  It definitely is a redesigned website from when I ordered three weeks ago. Maybe they don't have the kinks out yet but that's no excuse for poor customer service.

What is the website?

It sounds like they got you good!  Just use spit and dirt, it works exactly the same and doesn't cost a penny.

No it doesn't. Looks different and feels different then regular "spit and dirt"!

I ordered it from Honig's today and it is Lena Blackburne.  I checked if they had it in stock before I ordered it and got an email that it shipped out a couple of hours later.  Good job Honig;s.   I'm really surprised that Ump-Attire doesn't sell it. 

Now a different Lena Blackburne website is up with a new, working phone number and I actually spoke with them.  They apologized for not getting back to me sooner but they explained they had site issues and a back log because of spring training.  My previous order will be shipped out today.  All is forgiven.

So spending 20.00$ on some mud, is a reason you dont want to work upper level college ball.. thats really funny.....

Is it required?.. No... heck not very many places make/ask you to rub up..

I'm glad you dont work those levels cause buying mud would make it a real pain in the arse...

Some teams do provide, but since you won't ( or maybe there are other reasons ) work that level, I guess you wont know.

Litle crap like this pisses me off.. you can work over 300+ games but cant buy mud.... I guess I know why you umpire games.

• Like 3

So spending 20.00$ on some mud, is a reason you dont want to work upper level college ball.. thats really funny.....

Is it required?.. No... heck not very many places make/ask you to rub up..

I'm glad you dont work those levels cause buying mud would make it a real pain in the arse...

Some teams do provide, but since you won't ( or maybe there are other reasons ) work that level, I guess you wont know.

Litle crap like this pisses me off.. you can work over 300+ games but cant buy mud.... I guess I know why you umpire games.

Wow!

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

• Like 1