Jump to content
  • 0

When your behind the plate, should you rest your hand on the catcher's back?


Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4723 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted

I sometimes place my hand out as if I am going to touch him when I go into my squat. Just to make sure I'm not getting too close, but rarely ever touch him and when I do touch it is very brief I adjust immediately and don't keep my hand there.

  • 0
Posted

In today's society of endless and usually meaningless litigation, you are just setting yourself up.  Mommy snaps a picture with her $400 smartphone, emails it to her $750per hr attorney, drag you into court on molestation charges costing you at least on days pay off from work, your attorney fees, any reputation that you might have had and IF acquitted, for what?  One $50 game?

 

 

So to answer the topics question........... No.

  • 0
Posted

In today's society of endless and usually meaningless litigation, you are just setting yourself up.  Mommy snaps a picture with her $400 smartphone, emails it to her $750per hr attorney, drag you into court on molestation charges costing you at least on days pay off from work, your attorney fees, any reputation that you might have had and IF acquitted, for what?  One $50 game?

  • 0
Posted

In today's society of endless and usually meaningless litigation, you are just setting yourself up.  Mommy snaps a picture with her $400 smartphone, emails it to her $750per hr attorney, drag you into court on molestation charges costing you at least on days pay off from work, your attorney fees, any reputation that you might have had and IF acquitted, for what?  One $50 game?

 

 

So to answer the topics question........... No.

Come on....really?

If you're worried about this, ('you're' is referring to all of us, not Aging Arbiter) ..... then we're paranoid ......

 

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous

  • 0
Posted

In today's world it isn't . . . and I'm not paranoid either.

 

SJA

If you're concerned about being sued because you've rested your hand on a catchers chest protector, ....yes ....that's paranoid,....sorry, that's my .02 .....

 

No disrespect mind you .... if that concerns you , then it concerns you .....

  • 0
Posted

Didn't say I was worried about it.  But with the possibility of that being a not so far fetched REALITY, this is what keeps me from doing it.

  • 0
Posted

Guy, the bottom line is that F2 is right in front of you! If you can't see him and judge your distance by that then you have other problems!!! :wave:

  • Like 1
  • 0
Posted

Didn't say I was worried about it.  But with the possibility of that being a not so far fetched REALITY, this is what keeps me from doing it.

you didn't read my post very well ........ I specifically pointed out that "you're" is NOT referring to you specifically .....

×
×
  • Create New...