Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3600 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Loved tonight's result.  So much for all the, "Bama is the best team" and the "SEC is invincible" talking points put forward by ESPN.

Hopefully FSU blows the doors off Auburn so everyone can realize that maybe the SEC is a tad overrated, at best.

Doesn't sound like OSU did much better.

Hopefully FSU blows the doors off Auburn so everyone can realize that maybe the SEC is a tad overrated, at best.

Bowl records by conference

2013-14     2012-13

SEC          7-2 *           6-3    

Big 10       2-5             2-5   (at least they're consistent)  

PAC-12    6-3             4-4

Big 12       3-3             4-5

ACC          6-9 *           4-2

* one game yet to be decided

Observations:

*  The SEC has 16 more bowl wins than any other conference since the 1998 season.

*  The SEC has more bowl bids over that span than any other conference.

*  Of the five major conferences remaining today — ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-12, and SEC — only the SEC has a winning bowl mark over the past 15 seasons.

If the SEC is a tad overrated, then the B1G is grossly over-rated...especially that Ohio school.

• Like 1

The SEC stands for: Still

Engaged in

Cheating.

If you can't beat 'em, accuse them of cheating...   :jerkit:

What conference did SMU come out of? After SMU the rest of the conference was able to perfect it because they saw what not todo.

Engaged in

Cheating.

What conference did SMU come out of? After SMU the rest of the conference was able to perfect it because they saw what not todo.

At that time SMU was in the now disbanded Southwest Conference...not the SEC.

• Like 1

2013-14     2012-13

Observations:

*  The SEC has 16 more bowl wins than any other conference since the 1998 season.

*  Of the five major conferences remaining today — ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-12, and SEC — only the SEC has a winning bowl mark over the past 15 seasons.

If the SEC is a tad overrated, then the B1G is grossly over-rated...especially that Ohio school.

:Facepalm:

Engaged in

Cheating.

Umm, SMU came out of the Southwestern Conference. Please connect the dots for me, because I obviously must be missing the connection here...

Both of your points have been made. Enough is enough. It's time to move on.

Don't you have a two year-old thread to dig up and comment upon ?    :sarcasm:

I'm going for a minor in archeology so you shouldn't sound too surprised. :fuel:

Minor ? Hell, you major in it around here !!!

:cheers:  Just doing my homework. 

With the amount you're doing it, I thought it was your dissertation.

You dig up more old threads than my kids dig out boogers.

The only people I've seen dig deeper than you are kids with wedgies.

I could keep this going.

• Like 4

This was his first true test. And he was bumfuzzled. For 2 quarters and some minutes Jaboo was playing like a freshman. But in the end, as I suspected he would, he walked off the field as MVP. He's always been a champion.

• Like 1

I was sure that OSU was going to come back and win that MSU game, so I set the DVR and went to bed. I couldn't stand to watch OSU get to play the national championship game without a SEC (the only real Divsion 1 in NCAAF) championship team in front of them. What nice surprise to wake up to the next morning.

OSU would have gotten smoked in the champ game, just like ND did last year. So now we might get a decent champ game. Do I hear that FSU is favored by 9.5 ??? Against the SEC champs ??? That's crazy

OSU would be favored by a FG over Auburn, so I don't exactly know how FSU vs. OSU would be a bad championship game, but somehow FSU vs. Auburn will be a good football game.  

We are talking about a team equipped with a large majority of players that played on a team that went winless in the SEC last year.

Auburn will get smoked.

So much for that theory.....

I was sure that OSU was going to come back and win that MSU game, so I set the DVR and went to bed. I couldn't stand to watch OSU get to play the national championship game without a SEC (the only real Divsion 1 in NCAAF) championship team in front of them. What nice surprise to wake up to the next morning.

OSU would have gotten smoked in the champ game, just like ND did last year. So now we might get a decent champ game. Do I hear that FSU is favored by 9.5 ??? Against the SEC champs ??? That's crazy

OSU would be favored by a FG over Auburn, so I don't exactly know how FSU vs. OSU would be a bad championship game, but somehow FSU vs. Auburn will be a good football game.  

We are talking about a team equipped with a large majority of players that played on a team that went winless in the SEC last year.

Auburn will get smoked.

My youthful, energetic Buckeye brother isn't having the best run of predictions, huh? :)

• Like 1

Auburn will get smoked.

My youthful, energetic Buckeye brother isn't having the best run of predictions, huh? :)

Let's try this.  

There is no possible scenario that results in Ohio State winning the four team playoff next year.  None.  Zip.  Nada.  Zero.   :wave:

Believe it or not, my betting during the bowl season provided a pretty decent profit, so I did something right.  Go figure!

• Like 1

Let's try this.  

There is no possible scenario that results in Ohio State winning the four team playoff next year.  None.  Zip.  Nada.  Zero.   :wave:

Now I'm worried.

2013-14     2012-13

Observations:

:Facepalm:

If I read your stats correctly, for the last two seasons the ACC is 10-11, SEC is 13-5 and the Big 10 sucks. So the ACC had more teams in games than the SEC. SEC, while in bigger games, still a PIA conference.

:cheers:  Just doing my homework.

With the amount you're doing it, I thought it was your dissertation.

You dig up more old threads than my kids dig out boogers.

The only people I've seen dig deeper than you are kids with wedgies.

I could keep this going.

Must have older brothers. :lol:

• 5 months later...

B'ham, Al {AP} - Publix grocery stores were placed on high alert yesterday, as the City of Hueytown celebrated Jameis Winston Day. All seafood companies were advised to beef up security, and Jocko's man-crush went into overdrive...

• Like 1