Stk004 Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 1 hour ago, BT_Blue said: How did you get him to powder coat the tg? I wanted him to do my Spyder. But we were worried about the straps getting ruined. I just sent him the metal. Kept the straps. They come off. Quote
BT_Blue Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 1 minute ago, Stk004 said: I just sent him the metal. Kept the straps. They come off. Mine are sewn together on one end. The snap end comes apart. But not the end that attaches to the throat guard. Quote
JohnMcSherry Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 47 minutes ago, BT_Blue said: Actually more than I thought I would. Though I REALLY dig the Vanover combination. Do you know if Riddell still makes the mask? Or have they fallen off completely? Oh no, Riddell stopped years & years ago, back in the Joe West, Douglas days. This was the first single bar Riddell umpire mask I ever saw listed on ebay and I happened to see it at the right time. Pure luck. Vanover's TG is old like the mask, might be a Riddell as well. In doing some research about this mask, another umpire on a different forum bought this Riddell mask brand new in 1991 from Honigs for $79 ... Honigs own single bar mask was $69. 1 Quote
BT_Blue Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 I think Vanover's tg is a Zett. But not totally sure. There are gear guys here much better than I am with this kind of thing. Quote
tpatience Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 1 hour ago, Stk004 said: I just sent him the metal. Kept the straps. They come off. How do they come off? Quote
Stk004 Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 3 minutes ago, tpatience said: How do they come off? They snap on and off. Like on the Zett you sent me or any Wilson throat guard. You can see the little black metal snaps. Quote
tpatience Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 32 minutes ago, Stk004 said: They snap on and off. Like on the Zett you sent me or any Wilson throat guard. You can see the little black metal snaps. Mine are sewn. They don't just snap off for some reason. Quote
Stk004 Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 1 hour ago, tpatience said: Mine are sewn. They don't just snap off for some reason. For those of you asking. Quote
gnhbua93 Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 3 minutes ago, Stk004 said: For those of you asking. I'm intrigue about the mask harness. Quote
Stk004 Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 2 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said: I'm intrigue about the mask harness. Quote
gnhbua93 Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 Where you get it from? Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk Quote
Stk004 Posted November 16, 2016 Report Posted November 16, 2016 4 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said: Where you get it from? Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk @JohnMcSherry Quote
BT_Blue Posted November 17, 2016 Report Posted November 17, 2016 8 hours ago, Stk004 said: For those of you asking. I don't know about @tpatience. But mine is sewn down at the loop on the top of the tg. The snap opens up to hook to the mask. But there is no opening to the tg end. I wish there was. Would have had it powder coated when I sent in my mask twould years ago. Quote
tpatience Posted November 24, 2016 Report Posted November 24, 2016 My Wilson titanium with Belgard pads and my new mizuno TG that was red but has been spray painted black 2 Quote
BT_Blue Posted November 24, 2016 Report Posted November 24, 2016 DUDE!!! That thing is BLEEPING SWEET!!! Quote
Razzer Posted November 24, 2016 Report Posted November 24, 2016 Shovel looks great but the first time you get hit the paint will crack or come off Seen it happen a few times. Not sure what you can do unless you put multiple clear coats on it Quote
tpatience Posted November 24, 2016 Report Posted November 24, 2016 11 minutes ago, Razzer said: Shovel looks great but the first time you get hit the paint will crack or come off Seen it happen a few times. Not sure what you can do unless you put multiple clear coats on it Yep. I've been told. I haven't been hit square in the throat guard in a long time so I hope it stays that way. Quote
tpatience Posted November 24, 2016 Report Posted November 24, 2016 36 minutes ago, BT_Blue said: DUDE!!! That thing is BLEEPING SWEET!!! Thanks. Quote
BT_Blue Posted November 24, 2016 Report Posted November 24, 2016 Let me know if you come across another one. I would be interested in purchasing one. Quote
tpatience Posted November 25, 2016 Report Posted November 25, 2016 Last pictures, I promise. Left is Wilson Titanium with black belgard pads and a mizuno throat guard. Right is Nike titanium with tan belgard pads and SSK throat guard. 1 Quote
BT_Blue Posted November 25, 2016 Report Posted November 25, 2016 Really dig the Wilson with the black Belgards. Quote
Jdc03270 Posted November 28, 2016 Report Posted November 28, 2016 On 6/22/2015 at 8:10 PM, bluejerred said: New masks and pads ready to roll!! What visors are in these? Quote
BT_Blue Posted November 28, 2016 Report Posted November 28, 2016 1 hour ago, Jdc03270 said: What visors are in these? Looks like normal visors. Most mask companies make them. Including Diamond. They are not all that expensive. Quote
MadMax Posted November 28, 2016 Report Posted November 28, 2016 @Jdc03270, indeed as @BT_Blue relays, a number of sources produce and carry visors. Diamond, Honig's, Champro, Markwort. The Markworts are currently on sale at Epic Sports. I put them on all my masks (except my FM4000, curse you @Thunderheads for your fancy customization skills!), and have been supplying them to my colleagues' masks down here in the Valley of the Sun. 1 Quote
BT_Blue Posted November 29, 2016 Report Posted November 29, 2016 What new shenanigans has Jeff been up to with his masks? I like having the sunshield on my masks, not for the sun (like we actually have that up here), but as a way to keep water from running off the bill of my cap. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.