Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4243 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am clearing out the closet. This is the same mask worn by several MLB Umpires including Alfonso Marquez. The frame is a 2QA-121. The frame was discontinued my Mizuno several years ago. This is truely an collectors item. The price includes frame, Wilson grey/black pads, Mizuno harness, medal " spider" throat, Plastic Mizuno throat and bag. $350.00 + $10.00 FedEx Ground shipping. I will be be putting this on Ebay in a few days but I thought I would offer it to my brother umpires first. Email me if you have any questions. hick1701e@gmail.com

F59AED1E-6315-4713-B518-9095192C2071-471

6F60F6AC-5827-4D8F-9F6D-CD24ED631DF5-471

4009B821-AFF8-4396-B013-AC65F6F741DE-471

Posted

Hickman sold a new one in 2006 for $149.00. The economy and the inflation brought this one used frame but in excellent condition to an opening bid of $350.00 or a BIN of $395.00, free shipping included.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

The mask I sold a few years back was a 2QA-122. Different frame....

Chris,

Still available?

What are the main differences and can you provide a weight for this one? Thanks!

Posted

The mask is still available. The 2 main differences in the 121 and 122 are the bars are thicker on the 122 and the configuration of the bars are easier to grip on the 121. The 121 with the Wilson pads and spider throat weighs 737 grams.

Posted

The mask is still available. The 2 main differences in the 121 and 122 are the bars are thicker on the 122 and the configuration of the bars are easier to grip on the 121. The 121 with the Wilson pads and spider throat weighs 737 grams.

1.6 lbs, with wrap arounds and the spider, that's not bad weight wise, ...but the price........

Posted

Login to some japanese web sites and you can get the mask, the spider throat guard, then the wilson pads from wherever that place is in the US for somewhere in the neighborhood of $250. Maybe even a little less, I haven't actually done the math. The black spider guards used to be out of stock, but last I checked, they are available again. I'm actually looking for a black spider throat guard...if anybody on here wants to place an order for them, I'll split costs with you.

In my opinion, it is over priced. YMMV.

Did you find it on a Korean site?

Posted

I'm waiting for the T-78 guard to get powder coated. It's gonna look sweet.

Posted

Login to some japanese web sites and you can get the mask, the spider throat guard, then the wilson pads from wherever that place is in the US for somewhere in the neighborhood of $250. Maybe even a little less, I haven't actually done the math. The black spider guards used to be out of stock, but last I checked, they are available again. I'm actually looking for a black spider throat guard...if anybody on here wants to place an order for them, I'll split costs with you.

In my opinion, it is over priced. YMMV.

The Mask Chris is selling is no longer available. As Chris said it was replaced by the 122 model.

Posted

Not an optimal time of the year to unload gear, much less rare/pricey gear. If top dollar is desired, might want to hold off until spring.

i agree. if u wait till a few weeks before the season starts everyone will be amped amped up and a litle more likely to buy

  • 2 years later...
×
×
  • Create New...