Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5763 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I ordered a pair of Honigs pants last week. Have wore them 3 times so far and now the Clasp that holds the pants together is very loose and not staying together.

Would I be better off going to my Taylor to see if it can be fixed or is Honigs pretty good about warranty?

Thanks

Edited by JaxRolo
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I ordered a pair of Honigs pants last week. Have wore them 3 times so far and now the Clasp that holds the pants together is very loose and not staying together.

Would I be better off going to my Taylor to see if it can be fixed or is Honigs pretty good about warranty?

Thanks

Honig's warranty service is generally good, but it can't be that hard to fix it near where you are.

I don't know who Taylor is.

Posted

Honig's warranty service is generally good, but it can't be that hard to fix it near where you are.

I don't know who Taylor is.

Taylor is my tailor :)

Posted

Doh!

It's been a long day.

My bad I misspelled it. :)

I took it to Taylor my tailor during lunch and they said they could not fix it. So now it is in the mail back to Honig's.

Posted

Probably the best way to go, anyhow. I have a pair of dress pants that this happened on and the damn things keep falling off. Keep in mind this is with normal every day wear and tear, not the kind we put on our gear when we are out in the ball field.

Posted

Send them back and ask for a shipping number, so that you won't be stuck paying to ship them back and forth. Don't be reluctant to be something of a prick, because they should back those up completely.

Posted

Sent the pants back. Got a call from Honigs and they are going to replace them. I asked if they could just upgrade me to the poly-wools. No problem. I have to pay the difference.

Now another problem I also received a Honigs Shirt and have only worn it once. The Collar is fraying. Only worn 1 time. Is this Honigs quality?

Posted

Sent the pants back. Got a call from Honigs and they are going to replace them. I asked if they could just upgrade me to the poly-wools. No problem. I have to pay the difference.

Now another problem I also received a Honigs Shirt and have only worn it once. The Collar is fraying. Only worn 1 time. Is this Honigs quality?

all my shirts are Honigs, and none of them have done that, maybe you snagged it on your CP?

Posted

all my shirts are Honigs, and none of them have done that, maybe you snagged it on your CP?

I guess its possible. May not be Honigs fault at all. Just seems weird that the last 2 things I got from them have had a problem. Been a Smittys wearer and trying something different.

Posted

Sent the pants back. Got a call from Honigs and they are going to replace them. I asked if they could just upgrade me to the poly-wools. No problem. I have to pay the difference.

Now another problem I also received a Honigs Shirt and have only worn it once. The Collar is fraying. Only worn 1 time. Is this Honigs quality?

Honig's is an American institution, so, naturally, they are profiteers who exploit foreign workers, who then turn out inferior products due to their impossible workload and inadequate pay.

I am long past my incredulity stage at this brand of low quality in clothing. And it's our fault for turning our backs for so long and not demanding that companies profit fairly, put out better products and give better treatment to those exploited souls that turn out the inferior products.

Profiteering is an ugly way to operate. But it's the American way. And Honig's is a shining example. Do they care? Not in the least.

Posted

Honig's is an American institution, so, naturally, they are profiteers who exploit foreign workers, who then turn out inferior products due to their impossible workload and inadequate pay.

I am long past my incredulity stage at this brand of low quality in clothing. And it's our fault for turning our backs for so long and not demanding that companies profit fairly, put out better products and give better treatment to those exploited souls that turn out the inferior products.

Profiteering is an ugly way to operate. But it's the American way. And Honig's is a shining example. Do they care? Not in the least.

I received my Poly_wools today and they seem to be better quality than the inferior pair I sent back. The clasps seem a lot heavier duty. They say made in the USA. But who knows.

Posted

What do you want from Honigs Kevin? The cost of doing business in this country is crazy. Between workman's comp, health benefits, rent, light bill etc...it adds up. They know their first attempt at a ump shirt overseas was terrible..believe me..they know. They fixed the problem. Their new shirts are good. Nobody wants to pay 31.99 for a short anymore. Hell I went to Nordstrom and paid $100 for a pair of dress slacks and they were made overseas. Why is nobody bashing Joe West for having his WV made in China?

He had them made by Douglas for a few years but be wanted more profits so he went to Wilson. I think you wear a WV Gold...right?

Honigs...Gerry D....ump-attire...and even The Official's locker Room......some of our products come from China......That's life.

Posted

Sent the pants back. Got a call from Honigs and they are going to replace them. I asked if they could just upgrade me to the poly-wools. No problem. I have to pay the difference.

Now another problem I also received a Honigs Shirt and have only worn it once. The Collar is fraying. Only worn 1 time. Is this Honigs quality?

The Shirt was made in Pakistan. Geez!!!

Posted

The Shirt was made in Pakistan. Geez!!!

I too, have had some quality complaints with some recent Honig's purchases over the last couple of years.

Ump-Attire sells, from what everybody seems to say, a great shirt made in the USA for $32.99. Ill gladly pay $32.99 for a well-made, American shirt than $27.95 for a shirt made in Pakistan from Honig's. IMO, Honig's has lost their way in the past few years. Thankfully, there are folks like Jim Kirk who seem to have a better sense of what is going on in the marketplace than Honig's.

Just my $.02.

Posted

Jim Kirk recently sent me a Ump-Attire Ultimate Umpire shirt to look over. I'll have more to say next month, but I will say that the Ultimate is still the best shirt on the market (compared to 2010 version of Smitty, Honig's, Majestic, Dalco, Cliff Keen, Gerry Davis, and Official's Choice).

Honig's is currently selling off their 2010 shirts for $18.95. I have a couple and will take a pass on this special because I don't think much of these shirts.

The less expensive Smitty's shirt has improved since the original Midwest Ump shirt comparison and is not far behind the Ultimate. While not quite as good as the Ultimate, it is definitely the best value.

Pete

Posted

Just wish Smitty had the right shade of blue for their polo blue w/black collar shirts....I detest powder blue. If I want a softball shirt I'll buy one...when I start calling softball!

Posted

Jim Kirk recently sent me a Ump-Attire Ultimate Umpire shirt to look over. I'll have more to say next month, but I will say that the Ultimate is still the best shirt on the market (compared to 2010 version of Smitty, Honig's, Majestic, Dalco, Cliff Keen, Gerry Davis, and Official's Choice).

Honig's is currently selling off their 2010 shirts for $18.95. I have a couple and will take a pass on this special because I don't think much of these shirts.

The less expensive Smitty's shirt has improved since the original Midwest Ump shirt comparison and is not far behind the Ultimate. While not quite as good as the Ultimate, it is definitely the best value.

Pete

this is not Honigs main shirt.. it is there micro mesh shirt..not the same shirt.. i have had a Ultimate shirt.. I will still take a Honigs.. Looks better feels better.. IMO

Posted

What do you want from Honigs Kevin? The cost of doing business in this country is crazy. Between workman's comp, health benefits, rent, light bill etc...it adds up. They know their first attempt at a ump shirt overseas was terrible..believe me..they know. They fixed the problem. Their new shirts are good. Nobody wants to pay 31.99 for a short anymore. Hell I went to Nordstrom and paid $100 for a pair of dress slacks and they were made overseas. Why is nobody bashing Joe West for having his WV made in China?

He had them made by Douglas for a few years but be wanted more profits so he went to Wilson. I think you wear a WV Gold...right?

Honigs...Gerry D....ump-attire...and even The Official's locker Room......some of our products come from China......That's life.

I made my point and it is easy to understand. And I was making my point regarding the frayed Pakistani-made shirt, and not the slacks.

"That's life"?? I don't need to be treated as naive or blindly idealistic. We're sellouts, and we have been for many years now. It's shameful. And it is also indefensible. The effects of a few decades of greed are now being felt by most of us, rather than merely those whose jobs disappeared because of this system. Our broad acceptance of this is why it happened. That point of mine was also quite clear in my original post.

There is no standard anymore, yet there are those who expect there to be one. I am not one of them. When I buy a piece of crap from a company that exploits the system like this, I expect it to be a piece of crap, so I am rarely disappointed. Expect little for the premium price paid, and there is less consternation.

Posted

I too, have had some quality complaints with some recent Honig's purchases over the last couple of years.

Ump-Attire sells, from what everybody seems to say, a great shirt made in the USA for $32.99. Ill gladly pay $32.99 for a well-made, American shirt than $27.95 for a shirt made in Pakistan from Honig's. IMO, Honig's has lost their way in the past few years. Thankfully, there are folks like Jim Kirk who seem to have a better sense of what is going on in the marketplace than Honig's.

Just my $.02.

I just looked at my Honigs shirt I bought at the beginning of this year, and it says made in the USA..HUH..

Posted

this is not Honigs main shirt.. it is there micro mesh shirt..not the same shirt.. i have had a Ultimate shirt.. I will still take a Honigs.. Looks better feels better.. IMO

I have been on Honigs' website many times and have never seen different models of shirts. It even says that the shirt priced at $18.95 is their 2010 shirt and that they're changing material for 2011.

I bought my first Honigs shirts this year (polo blues), and was not impressed. The material is okay but the sizing sucks and the collar on one of them starting fraying on the end after just a few washings. It's too late to send it back, but I won't be buying any more Honigs shirts at least until they fix the sizing issues. Smitty makes a much better fitting and better made shirt, especially for the money.


×
×
  • Create New...