Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5284 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well.... I just had to share that my Douglas-Douglas will be here on Tuesday ....

I spoke w/ Jeff Cook yesterday and she's done, and on the way. I had got one near the end of the 2010 season, and I just sent it in for the gap-caps and the t-hooks and slots. Delta Flex will go on soon and pictures will follow when it arrives :D

  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Another convert....:)

I was considering the t-hook mod, but I bought a Champion P210 for my junior umpires to use and when I tried it on I wasn't crazy about the t-hooks, Looks like I'll have a few weird "lumps" on the outside of my shirt. I plan to wear it Monday night to test it our before I turn it over to the JR. guys Saturday, maybe it will work better in actual use.

In any case, I am definitely sending mine off this winter for Douglas-Douglas treatment. Already have the Delta-Flex on there and it makes a HUGE difference.

Posted

Another convert.... :)

I was considering the t-hook mod, but I bought a Champion P210 for my junior umpires to use and when I tried it on I wasn't crazy about the t-hooks, Looks like I'll have a few weird "lumps" on the outside of my shirt. I plan to wear it Monday night to test it our before I turn it over to the JR. guys Saturday, maybe it will work better in actual use.

In any case, I am definitely sending mine off this winter for Douglas-Douglas treatment. Already have the Delta-Flex on there and it makes a HUGE difference.

Nice!!

About the hooks. I too had a Champion and .... those hooks are in an area where your jersey isn't tight, ...so , you can't see 'em!

Posted

Let us know how you like it compared to your All-Star.

Welpe,

I had this BEFORE the All-Star .....I sent it in for the gap coverage and t-slots so it fit better. This way I can rotate them for tournaments, etc ....

Posted

My partner yesterday had a modified Douglas WV. He put a (long) strip of velcro over the t-hook openings. To the inside of his straps he sewed the other velcro side. Very clean and smooth, body conforming. And the WV was plain as day under his plate coat ;) .

Posted

So how does All-star feel about their poster boy wearing a Douglas?

It's probably weird, like seeing Michael Jordan in Reeboks. Exactly the same thing. :P

Posted

So how does All-star feel about their poster boy wearing a Douglas?

It's probably weird, like seeing Michael Jordan in Reeboks. Exactly the same thing. :P

Brad knew all along I had a Douglas, ...I told him, and it helped us talk about the new designed CP4000 ;)


×
×
  • Create New...