Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4942 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I love it! The company is actually interacting. That's awesome.

 

 

Same here. We talk ad nauseum about retail items here from Chest Protectors to books, to virtually anything else you can name. We're pretty on top of umpiring related things.

 

I love when somebody like Mark in this thread or Jim from Ump-Attire, Aaron from Honigs or Brad from All-Star take the time to see what is important to us - their customers.

 

I wish other companies would do the same. I would have loved to see someone from unequal chime in on their product.

 

But I dislike when someone comes and makes one post about their stuff and disappears.

Amazing ......... has anyone ever seen anyone from Wilson jump on here?

Posted

 

 

Put in in an envelope and use good ol' snail mail for about $1.45

I hear you loud and clear. If only life were so simple  :smachhead: . In the past we have been burned by unscrupulous buyers  who claimed they never received the products we sent them. Unfortunately, there are more and more of these characters, surprising as it may be. That is why we use UPS which allows us to track all packages. If you look earlier in the thread, you will see that our prices were higher than they are now. We purposely lowered the prices to take the higher shipping charges into account. Hopefully, this explains our rationale. thanks for listening! Mark

Is the address in NJ open for purchases? Or are you mail order only?

Hi - we are not a retail store and do not have a retail store presence. However, for anyone who is "local" we are happy to accommodate pickups at our office to eliminate shipping charges on whatever you order....Mark

Sweet. I'll have to see when I'll be in the area and place an order beforehand. 

Posted

Jim chimes in on U-A items. Including Wilson.

Jason would be the guy to sound off for Unequal CPs. He did on the brand x site.

Carl only posts when he has something to sell.

Mark jumped right in when we were discussing his product. I totally dig that. Wonder who tipped him off?

Posted

Jim chimes in on U-A items. Including Wilson.

Jason would be the guy to sound off for Unequal CPs. He did on the brand x site.

Carl only posts when he has something to sell.

Mark jumped right in when we were discussing his product. I totally dig that. Wonder who tipped him off?

 

In all honesty, I never even knew about your site until a few days ago! One of our customers alerted us that one of our products was being "chatted up" on this site so here I am! We try to interact with our customers as much as possible. That is how we get our best ideas for new products! 

  • Like 1
Posted

"Lineup Card Holder" thread going on 5 pages.

ONE thing ...with arguably only ONE function ....almost 5 pages ....

 

at least the Finnerty Supply Bucket involves numerous things!! :D:smachhead:

Posted

"Lineup Card Holder" thread going on 5 pages.

ONE thing ...with arguably only ONE function ....almost 5 pages ....

 

at least the Finnerty Supply Bucket involves numerous things!! :D:smachhead:

 

I blame all of you currently buried under 25 feet of snow.

Posted

This is to Sportsinfomedia.  I suggest a leather bound book with a cloth/rubber type strap across the middle (similar to the rubber bands women/girls tie their pony tails up with) and the corner tabs like the new product.  You would only sell one to me but I would tell everyone and would pay up to $25-$30 for it, plus the shipping, IF the quality was sufficient.  I have had too many of these little plastic junk types break and I think a classy looking leather one would be nice.  I am currently looking for a leather checkbook cover that I can modify to use after reading this thread.

 

Just a suggestion from a potential customer. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Best part is that the thread was started last January and then revived a couple of weeks.

 

I for one am glad that it came back. I think I am going to really enjoy using it when I call college and HS games.

Posted

This is to Sportsinfomedia.  I suggest a leather bound book with a cloth/rubber type strap across the middle (similar to the rubber bands women/girls tie their pony tails up with) and the corner tabs like the new product.  You would only sell one to me but I would tell everyone and would pay up to $25-$30 for it, plus the shipping, IF the quality was sufficient.  I have had too many of these little plastic junk types break and I think a classy looking leather one would be nice.  I am currently looking for a leather checkbook cover that I can modify to use after reading this thread.

 

Just a suggestion from a potential customer. 

thanks for the idea! Cost is always an issue and the higher cost might make it a very limited audience as you indicated! Plus I am not sure how leather could fold in half and in half. Nonetheless, the idea of a holder that has a cloth or rubber strap like an accordion folder may have merit!

Posted

I'm thinking really soft thin leather.  Like Napa (lambskin) or even a faux leather similar to what they use for cell phone cases and some purses or checkbook covers. 

Posted

BTW, my old-style one has been sold and I'm going to try the other old one myself this year. If I don't like it, I'll have it for sale, too.

 

Right now, my only gripe is the length of the thing.

Posted

Ordered a couple of them a couple days ago. No delivery confirmation yet.

Posted

Ordered a couple of them a couple days ago. No delivery confirmation yet.

Hey Rolando - thanks for your order. The package shipped by UPS on Wednesday and is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Our system sends out automatic shipping confirmations along with the UPS tracking number at the time the order is shipped to the email address you used when you ordered. I will send you that information again to the same email address. If you do not get it please let me know. thanks....mark

Posted

Ordered a couple of them a couple days ago. No delivery confirmation yet.

R - riddle solved, the email address you entered at the time of order does not go through and comes back as undeliverable. if you message me your email address I will get you the information!

Posted

Mark, can you please tell me what the difference between the new card holder and the older version? I should have mine delivered today(the new one) and am interested in the differences.

Posted

Mark, can you please tell me what the difference between the new card holder and the older version? I should have mine delivered today(the new one) and am interested in the differences.

 

Sure thing! 

 

  1. The old one was blue and the new one black!
  2. The old one had a pencil holder inside, the new one doesn't. We eliminated it because it interfered with closing and folding.
  3. The old one had a business card holder on the front cover and the new one doesn't
  4. The old one held the cards in place using a clear plastic frame on the top, bottom and the outside into which the card slid. The new one uses plastic triangles in each corner to hold the cards in place. We found that the plastic "frame" could rip or tear over time due to the fact that it was folded over and over again. The triangles in each corner aren't subject to the same folding "stress"

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Posted

Any thoughts about making a smaller one that could fit in the chest pocket?

There are always thoughts :smachhead:

 

What size do you have in mind? More importantly, what size cards are you looking to "hold" As you may know, our holders were developed for our cards which are 5.5 inches wide by 8.5 inches tall. If there was a universal size that everyone used that could justify a re-design, we are all ears!!!

 

So - question to the forum - what size cards do you come across in your games?

Posted

The Lineup Card Holder is a catch 22 piece of equipment. It does a great job holding the larger lineup cards. It also makes it very easy to do lineup changes. The length is the biggest issue, but if it was shorter the lineup would require more unfolding. 

 

The move to the plastic corners makes since. I can see the other ones breaking after multiple folds. In my area we see the big lineup cards that fit perfectly in the holder more than anything else. Most of the travel ball and league ball around here does not even give the umpire a lineup....kind of weird, but they really rely on the official score keeper.

 

The only us size I could see the holder making sense being made in would be to hold the "academy" type lineup cards. Instead of being made to fold the lineup left to right, it could fold those lineups from top to bottom. That would decrease the size some...not sure of the exact deminsions, but it might fit in a shirt or ball bag pocket then.

 

I had no problem keeping mine in my left ball page Tuesday night. It was usually accompanied by a couple of baseballs, but never had any issues. Going to use it again tonight.

Posted

The standard crappy ones from Aacademy, Dick's, etc. mostly. some of our better schools (read better funded) print custom on cardstock. I have yet to see yours show up on my fields, but will definitely be pushing for the uniformity they provide. Plus, I bet they would cut down on the errors jackwagon rats make in not knowing how to keep a lineup straight. I for one think it's a great product and hope they catch on like wildfire!

May I suggest maybe putting 1 in each lineup holder you sell. If I had a 'sample' to show coaches, I think they might be more receptive to buying them. Especially when I mention how 'professional' they look.

Posted

The Lineup Card Holder is a catch 22 piece of equipment. It does a great job holding the larger lineup cards. It also makes it very easy to do lineup changes. The length is the biggest issue, but if it was shorter the lineup would require more unfolding.  The move to the plastic corners makes since. I can see the other ones breaking after multiple folds. In my area we see the big lineup cards that fit perfectly in the holder more than anything else. Most of the travel ball and league ball around here does not even give the umpire a lineup....kind of weird, but they really rely on the official score keeper. The only us size I could see the holder making sense being made in would be to hold the "academy" type lineup cards. Instead of being made to fold the lineup left to right, it could fold those lineups from top to bottom. That would decrease the size some...not sure of the exact deminsions, but it might fit in a shirt or ball bag pocket then. I had no problem keeping mine in my left ball page Tuesday night. It was usually accompanied by a couple of baseballs, but never had any issues. Going to use it again tonight.

I insist on receiving a lineup at the plate even in travel games. Cuts down on potential BS, and teaches HCs proper procedure.
Posted

The standard crappy ones from Aacademy, Dick's, etc. mostly. some of our better schools (read better funded) print custom on cardstock. I have yet to see yours show up on my fields, but will definitely be pushing for the uniformity they provide. Plus, I bet they would cut down on the errors jackwagon rats make in not knowing how to keep a lineup straight. I for one think it's a great product and hope they catch on like wildfire!

May I suggest maybe putting 1 in each lineup holder you sell. If I had a 'sample' to show coaches, I think they might be more receptive to buying them. Especially when I mention how 'professional' they look.

Great idea, will do!

Posted

The standard crappy ones from Aacademy, Dick's, etc. mostly. some of our better schools (read better funded) print custom on cardstock. I have yet to see yours show up on my fields, but will definitely be pushing for the uniformity they provide. Plus, I bet they would cut down on the errors jackwagon rats make in not knowing how to keep a lineup straight. I for one think it's a great product and hope they catch on like wildfire!May I suggest maybe putting 1 in each lineup holder you sell. If I had a 'sample' to show coaches, I think they might be more receptive to buying them. Especially when I mention how 'professional' they look.

Great idea, will do!Plus, it shows knuckleheads like me how to use your product :D Too bad I didn't think of this before ordering :(
Posted

Many of you have asked me questions about the lineup card holder and how it works. 

 

I took the liberty of creating a very amateurish video showing the lineup card holder in action.

 

Click on the link below and you will see a youtube video of the lineup card holder. Hopefully you can get a feeling for how it works. thanks again

 

LINEUP CARD HOLDER VIDEO

×
×
  • Create New...