Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5387 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking for some direction on how to properly clean the padding of my WV Platinum CP. I know the plates can be removed from the padding. My question is this: can I run the padding through my washing machine (and even the dryer)? It's starting to get a little "crusty" and I need to clean/wash it.

Looking for ways Platinum owners clean their CP. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Jeff

Posted

In our area there is a guy that cleans hockey equipment though some sort of a special process/machine. I have heard that it is very effective on hockey equipment so I would think that it would work for a chest protector. There is no way your CP smell like hockey gear!!!

This is something similar that uses ozone. http://www.freshgear.com/

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm looking for some direction on how to properly clean the padding of my WV Platinum CP. I know the plates can be removed from the padding. My question is this: can I run the padding through my washing machine (and even the dryer)? It's starting to get a little "crusty" and I need to clean/wash it.

Looking for ways Platinum owners clean their CP. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Jeff

After each use...spray the thing down with Lysol and Febreze...or the house brand equal...

To clean the HELL OUT OF IT...

Break that S.O.B down...

Spray the padding liberally....with Simple Green, Simple Orange..."LA'S TOTALLY AWESOME"...a good all purpose spray on cleanser...most of them aren't going to harm the padding in any way...

Rub that stuff in with a clean cloth...something that doesn't shed...and let it air dry...normally good to go in about an hour or so...

Spray the thing down with Lysol spray...or its house brand equal...and let it air dry...

Clean the shell the same way...then hit it with a coating of Armor All or its house brand equal...helps your shirt to just "slide over" the C{...

Repeat during your season as needed...

Scuzzyfeller tested...Scuzzyfeller approved!

  • Like 1
Posted

I don';t care what you spray it with, or what you rub or brush it with. Unless you have some way for the salt and dirt to exit the padding, fellas, it';s still there.

I've been putting mine in my garage sinking, filled with warm soapy water, scrubbing the hell out of it, rinsing it really well, squeezing all the water out if it can, then sitting it on towels to air dry. Yeah, that';s probably not "proper", but it's been working for me for several years without any ill effect.

Oh, and when I put the padding on the towels, I put towels on the top and bottom, and then step on the pads to squeeze the water out.

Posted

I've had my WVP since "02"...

have cleaned it regularly as I stated previous...

and I have nothing...STINK WISE to really complain about...

I still have everything original from day one...

Be aggressive as hell when cleaning it...

as long as the cleansers aren't too harsh...shouldn't be much of a problem...

Scuzz

Posted

The process the hockey guys use is called an Ozone machine. There are a variety OF way to use it, a locker box, in a small closet ( like a laundry room, etc ).

I own a Detail Shop, and you can get machines from the Hydroponics industry online for like 50-100 bucks. I like the kind that is a long "tube" that you can put a vaccum hose on and stick inside the window OF a car for an overnight treatment. Ive been "de-stinking" my gear this way for years. For me, I just lay out the equipment in my car during the day,while at work , slide the hose in the window ( use a couple OF beach towels to drap over the opening in the window) and by the time I am ready to go to my game, I have fresh gear. It also works for clothes too, if your in a pinch and have some polywools that you dont have time to dryclean. stiff bush them out, and use the ozone machine. By the way, the machines never wear out if you take care OF them. Only thing that could possibly go bad is the fan motor or the generator light, and I have had my machines for at least 7 years, and only replaced one because a teenager working for me put one outside and it got rained on during the day.

If the car option during the day doesnt work for you, get a large duffel bag and put the hose in there. I also use febreeze products on multiple plate days,but the ozone machine is a good thourough clean. Kinda expensive for initial cost, but if your a 100+ plate games a year guy ( like me ) its not any more expensive than one decent uniform ( polywools and an decent shirt and pair OF shoes ) that most guys replace a lot more than once every 6 years.

Posted

I have no idea why every time I write "OF" it is in capital letters. What the hell??? OF

If you Hover over the word it says "Outfield"

Posted

On another thread, somebody suggested putting the CP in a dishwasher (disassembled, low water temp, with just a little bit of laundry detergent).

Has anyone else tried this? How did it work out?

Posted

On another thread, somebody suggested putting the CP in a dishwasher (disassembled, low water temp, with just a little bit of laundry detergent).

I've also heard that some folks actually put their sweat ridddled, wool hats in the same cleaning compartment as their eating utensils. I'm guessing these same folks also wash their hands in the toilet.(hey, it gets cleaned out on every flush, right?)

(i.e. that's probably not a good, hygenically speaking, idea)

Posted

I put my cup in the dishwasher along with my dishes. It pisses the wife off.

My theory is we put dishes the dog has licked in there, and dishes the kids use which are probably more gross than my cup or the dog

  • Like 1
Posted

to clean your cup, bust out your bosses office tooth brush then use soap and water. Scrub till clean then wipe clean. Then put back tooth brush where you found it.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...