Jump to content

Umpete

Members
  • Posts

    238
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Umpete

  1. You are the Timing Master. You should change your board name to kyle..............................jt :cheers:
  2. Pretty funny. And the thought has crossed my mind. http://www.speedbump.com/cg_speedbump.php
  3. +5 New Total = 712
  4. John Grisham built one in southern Albemarle County, Virginia - here's a link to it: http://www.covecreekpark.com/ They filmed a movie there. Classy place.
  5. But isn't this really TWO plays??? Calling safe on the missed tag indicates you saw it and it was missed. That's the first play. The second play was the tag for the out because of the overslide. I have actually seen this exact call made at the professional level on a steal of second. The umpire made 2 calls. I can't remember the game or I would find the video.
  6. I've given teams extra outs before too! http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=16540623&topic_id=9780550&c_id=mlb
  7. Happens alot in the youth levels, but for the bigger boys not so much.
  8. Just FYI, the INT was called and protest not allowed. Thanks to everyone for the insight.
  9. I am TD for our 10U District Cal Ripken tournament. Had this happen last night and would like opinions. Bases loaded, 2 outs, batter drives clean single to LF. R3 scores easily, R2 races home as throw from left field is wide of the plate and gets past F2. F2 chases ball down, wheels and throws to F1 covering home attempting to retire R1 trying to score, BUT..... the just scored R2 is headed back to the dugout and is between F2 and F1 when the throw strikes him in the helmet. What, if anything, do you have?
  10. Two weeks ago in our Cal Ripken Majors league tournament. I am PU, with R2 and 0-1 count on the batter, I hear the scorekeeper (and so does everyone else in the stands and on the field) say from the press box, "Look at that bear!" Sure enough, in the hay field next to the ball diamond behind the concession stand is a black bear. Field, dugouts, and stands clear as everyone runs to the fence to look at the bear, as I say to no one......."Time."
  11. I would have to agree with Warren, the Ump-Attire Ulitmates are my favorite so far. If you're a Facebook Fan of Ump-Attire, Jim is running a special deal on them through Father's Day. 25% off makes them even more desirable.
  12. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=15621687&topic_id=9780550&c_id=mlb This is why I am reluctant to use the GD stance. I like the way you get locked in, but I prefer to present a smaller target.
  13. I understand that Ump-Attire is going to roll out a UA brand of pants (soon I hope). If they are as comfortable at their Ultimate shirts, and of a compatible color, they will be worth the wait!
  14. Slot. Heel - toe
  15. I have asked several umpires this question, but no one can give me an answer. I did a quick search here but found nothing. So, here's the question: On a fly ball near the foul line which is caught by the fielder, I have seen umpires (mostly at the higher levels) signal fair or foul first, and then signal the out. I assume since they signal fair/foul, it must be important, but why is it?
  16. http://mlb.mlb.com/v...493214&c_id=mlb Do you have a tag? West puts up the stop sign, Maddon runs it, Whoooosh!!! See related story in Umpire News section.
  17. After a beautiful Easter Sunrise Service, my family travelled to Charlottesville for the final game in the series between these 2 rivals. My 13 YO son gets to throw out the first pitch (a gift from a radio DJ) and we settle in for the deciding game in the series. Of course I'm focusing on the umpires. I have been told by my HS Assignor to study up on 3-Man mechanics for the upcoming HS district/regional tournaments, and it sure does help to see it happening in real time. Everything goes normally except for one slightly unusual play. R2 and R3, batter hits a one-hopper to F5 with R3 breaking on contact. F5 fires to F2 getting R3 in a rundown, and R2 advances. With R2 standing on third, F2 runs R3 all the way back to third. With both R2 and R3 standing on the base, F2 tags R3 and everyone relaxes. U3 makes no call. F2 turns and trots back home and R3 walks into the dugout, at which time U3 signals the out for abandonment. I excitedly explain the call to my wife, who just Question: If you were U3, would you have signaled safe, or made no call?
  18. Nice. Very Nice! Did the extra shoulder protection add much bulk there? Doesn't really look like it.
  19. I have had 2 HS games (7 innings) go less than 2 hrs. which I thought was awesome! But I am not worthy :notworthy: :notworthy:
  20. As mentioned by Warren in another post. I have a hard time not getting obstruction on this. Can someone convince me otherwise? http://mlb.mlb.com/n...artnerId=rss_tb#
  21. Why couldn't you just look on the bottom of the card, right next to the horse's a$$ :D
  22. At least we're good at baseball! Moved to No. 1 in the nation just this week. http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/2011-03-29/virginia’s-roberts-tosses-perfect-game Anybody ever call a perfect game?
  23. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13272343&topic_id=16570410&c_id=mlb
  24. Thanks for the tips. I've been looking for a way to make this wrap around me better, short of heating up the pad and then bending it. You could just do what I did - get wider. :D
  25. FED 6-1-1 says, "....(The pitcher) shall take his sign from the catcher with his pivot foot in contact with the pitcher's plate," but does not indicate a penalty (that I can find). I also could not find a case play involving the infraction. In my game tonight, PU called a balk on the pitcher for this. I did not think it was. What say you?
×
×
  • Create New...