-
Posts
637 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
4
Everything posted by NWA_UMP
-
I have seen the Eastbay shirts in their catalog but never pulled the trigger...how are they?
- 25 replies
-
- Undershirts
- umpire
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
I ordered a Zero G from them. Shipped promptly and arrived quickly. They however left the throat guard out of the shipment. 1 call and I had it in 2 days in my mailbox. I would order from them again.
-
I use Smitty...will be adding Under Armor to the rotation.
-
I wear combo pants...only in the field. I wear plates behind the plate. Base pants just don't fit correctly, at least Davis pants don't. Will be going with Polywools next season so we will see...
-
Wear long compression tights, problem solved! I wear mine no matter how hot it gets with no ill affects. In fact they help keep you cooler.
-
Is the NB worth it? In my book...nope. Used it for about 10 games and had to get rid of it. Just my build I guess, wouldn't stay put.
-
I ordered 4 hats at one time. 3/4 fit great, the 4th is too big even after placing in over to shrink it. Of course it's the one that needs to be the tightest as it is my black 6 stitch I use 99.8% of the time on the stick. I wear my mask very loose and it drives me crazy when I have to constantly adjust my mask and hat. I just wish they could build with better consistency.
-
What kind of Indicator do you use? Or MLB guys?
NWA_UMP replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
Wow, I have the same one...love it and I never roll past the number I need or lose count! -
Replaced my Champro Magnesium with a +Pos Zero G mask...I think I am really going to like this new mask. First, visibility is fantastic but weight is a bit more than the Mag, but is still lite. It sits away from my face a bit further than the mag did. The one issue I have is this. The harness is made from a material that is somewhat slicker and it slides up the back of my hat. Anyone have a similar issue with a harness? How did you fix?
-
Mr, how do the old magistrates fit compared to the reezig's? I have thought about getting magistrates for football and the magistrate plates shoes. I have tried on the reezig's and love the fit but can get the old magistrates at great prices. But I may just spring for the B/W zigs for football.
-
UE, WV gold, wv platinum, or Douglas cp and shin guards?
NWA_UMP replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
$59 plus shipping. I ordered a new throat guard with mine so the charge was $75 w/shipping. My selection was based on weight and eye opening. It weights the same as my old Magnesium but has a wider view between bars. I will slap my team Wendy's pads and sun shield on it when it gets here. -
UE, WV gold, wv platinum, or Douglas cp and shin guards?
NWA_UMP replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
All star system 7 CP, have a Champro mag...just ordered a +Pos zero gravity mask. I have had my Champro for 5 years but this year has been tough on it. One shot for a concussion and a shot to the extended throat guard has left 2 welds broken. -
UE, WV gold, wv platinum, or Douglas cp and shin guards?
NWA_UMP replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
I use the Wilson platinum shins...love them. I removed the metatarsal plate as it is not needed with plate shoes. Just looks silly to have two plates covering the same thing. -
I use a timex watch to keep time. I use the countdown function so it beeps when time is up. I simply loop the band thru a belt loop and it's always in reach and not on my wrist.
-
Wilson platinum shins. Love them
-
I have the 1000's. Very comfortable and have great traction on all surfaces. I used for baseball and football last year with no issue even during rain.
-
How do the Honigs brand fit? Do they run large or small or true to size? Has anyone tried their compression shorts/tights?
-
Greyhawk- How do you like the +POS mask? I will be in the market soon and I am looking for better vision than what I have with my Champro magnesium. The eye opening on the +POS is noticeably wider than others than I have seen, plus the weight is right and what I am used to. I am try to decide between +POS or All Star HSM 2500...
-
Slo- What are your thoughts on the mock? I have been hesitant to pull the trigger on them.
-
Bullet proof, heavy, huge, washable pads...used mine 2 seasons and got rid of them. Way too big thru the knee area and made them hard to run in. I have Wilson grey now and love them.
-
I would interested in their Thermabase...has anyone purchased one?
-
Smitty Poly Wool Plate Pant Dissatisfaction
NWA_UMP replied to wvumpire1807's topic in Umpire Equipment
Purchased a pair of Smitty plate pants 3 years ago. Loved the look, construction and overall quality. I however can't wear the them... For me they run tight in the seat and thighs. Just plain ol' uncomfortable!- 39 replies
-
Jax- Tell me about your 4000...will be in the market for a new Mask to replace my Champro Mag....
-
I used to have a champro soft shell when I first started. It is anything but comfortable or cool. It is like wearing a furnace on your chest. Plus I took a rather mundane shot off the right peck...I felt that shot for 2 weeks and decided hard shell was on the gear list for the next season. I highly suggest you look at a hard shell. All Star System 7 is what I have and love it.
-
Pretty sure All Star does sell it. http://www.epicsports.com/prod/69000/all-star-system-7-cpu4000-umpire-chest-protector.html I can get replacement pads....but not Team Wendy's. I should have been a little more clear.
