Jump to content

NWA_UMP

Established Member
  • Posts

    637
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by NWA_UMP

  1. Does anyone use these or similar guards? I have a pair of catchers guards that are bulky and it is time to get rid of them. I wear NB plate shoes so I don't want the instep plate on the guards to push on my shoes. Suggestions/Advice http://www.ump-attire.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DLG&Category_Code=SHIN-GUARDS&Product_Count=5
  2. You can always put on more clothes...you can only take off so many:wow:
  3. I would be worried that the ice packs would thaw and become another layer of stuff to hold heat/stop air flow. Probably works great for 1-2 innings...but after that I don't know. Would be good to put on after you have been behind the plate for a few innings to give you a cooling effect on the body. I use the Cramer Cool towels in a cooler filled with ice water. Put my face and head in them between innings and drape it around my neck...is refreshing and helps.
  4. While we are on the subject of hats.... Wool or poly-mesh? I have poly-mesh in blue now. Looking to expand my gear to include shirts that need black hats. Wool being a natural fiber should breath but he mesh is well...mesh - but poly does not breath. We hit the low 100's here is Arkansas with pretty heavy humidity...suggestions
  5. I like being different I have Davis pants now in heather...not bad just not a huge fan of the fabric they use...but I understand the charcoal is different. I will probably get them, just like to make the best decision possible with my game checks. :smachhead:
  6. I am looking to buy some honigs charcoal...is ther that big of a difference? I have the Smitty Charcoal now and don't like the fit...love the construction, price, feel & color. I am not crazy about the Davis charcoal...almost everyone in my area uses them.
  7. It is a nice feeling to know that as a new umpire I am not alone in questioning my calls at times. I had two last night that I had to take the extra time to give it a run thru before I made the call.
  8. I have been looking at their plate pants...the color is hard to tell. Are they heather or charcoal? Most guys in my area are going to charcoal only. Since I am fairly new and still have gear to buy I want to get what everyone is going to not away from.
  9. While I was a coach, I taught my catcher to make the throw even if the runner was close to the bag, especially third....if the batter was one that liked to drift out of the box after every pitch. Same thing on a sac bunt to move the runner up...if the catch saw the batter hang over the plate...make the call obvious.
  10. In my area travel is a much better game than our rec. system. Better players, more action and better run. Our Cal Ripken is horrible, Babe Ruth is decent. Players with few skills and coaches who tell you that you should not use dropped 3rd strike for 11-12's because it is too confusing. I much preferr USSSA in our area. But it does have its drawbacks...
  11. I purchase a pair of their plate pants. I like the color, finish and the construction. They are however cut more narrow in the hips and thigh than my Davis plate pants. Too bad...I was really excited about the price and look...
×
×
  • Create New...