ArchAngel72
Established Member-
Posts
1,828 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Everything posted by ArchAngel72
-
So he was joking sarcastically?
-
The Coach did not understand fair vs foul at Varsity level ?? 🤔
-
This I do not believe for one bit that this is taught at any Little League trainings. Playing the rodeo clown needs to be a days worth of lesson in its self IMHO. I been there in a State Champ game where 3BU was getting an earful from the Base coach After the game was done who disagreed with a call he made 2 innings prior. Me being the LF Line Ump I casually walked down the line when leaving stepped inbetween the two of them said "Nice game coach" put my arm around the 3BU and rodeo'd him off the field LOL. We were all told meet at exit XYZ and leave together and the 3BU was not moving after the last out. So I helped him along to help him out. hehe
-
For those whom have skullys I have a question about pad height on the brim of the skully. Is there a preferred pad you use? I ask as my AS4KMag pad I feel it sits the mask up just a little high as the height of the cap is now like 3/4 of an inch higher then what I had with a ball cap. I love the protection the Skully gives and do not wish to lose it. I do not see much adjustment inside to make the visor lower I have tipped it foward just a little and that seemed to help but for the skully to sit most comfortable I find myself wanting the mask to sit just a tad lower.
-
OK so unlike Chests and Masks no one has a foot fetish... Doh well 🤪
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
What has been told to me by instructors and the District Mgr as well as town league Mgrs is that LL has insurance to cover kids if they get injured so yes Subs are covered. Coaches and etc are not. So in that theory based on the fact that LL has a rule specifically in the rule book pointing out Mgr and assistants are not allowed to warm up the pitcher. Yeah I would be held liable if something bad were to happen and said coach ate a skipper off the plate. The town league and etc could easily place the blame on me as I allowed it to happen. So yeah until the rule is removed and or changed. This is how I will be OOO about it and IDGAF what anyone else feels about it because it would be me and my wife sleeping under the bridge not you. So yeah I cover my arse.
-
I do not think there is a rule against it either but Yes LL wants the subs to do that. I am willing to bet if it started happening there would the next year be a rule against it.
-
Yea I typed player and meant pitcher I have no issue with a coach pre game playing toss with players or hitting infield or etc. But they are not going out to play catch in-between innings with the outfielder..
-
Regulations XIV - Field Decorum Section F. Managers and coaches shall not warm up pitchers You ever seen it done at regionals or above? NOPE it is expressly not allowed due to insurance reasons.
-
Yeah I get crapped on all the time when I will not let a coach warm up a pitcher however my lawyer wife will tell me OH HELL NO DO NOT DO THAT! why because if that coach catches a bouncer that makes him swallow his teeth well then its our house we lose when he sues me for allowing his dumb butt to do something LL expressly does not allow. there are some things OOO that need to be done due to litigious times.
-
Blue No they are supposed to request time to come out of the dugout. A little ranging out to direct fielders here or there I allow so long as they step back in quickly. But anything other nope for me In the dugout Sir!
-
So this gets me. The PU must have realized he did not have the best view on that play. Did he not realize how out of position he was for looking down the line? My whole thing is why not ask for help when you clearly had a bang bang and were more than likely out of position? I do not blame the PU for that, to me that's part of the game and we cannot be at the perfect location at all times. But to me its stubborn not to say "yah sure coach, give me a minute" and check with the BU. The magic words that quick and on something like that makes me wonder if there is history between the coach and PU. Seems like he ( the coach) went there too quickly..
-
-
I get that but to me a visit should be a "tactics" thing. If its here's the ball or lets fix these holes, or just a pump the kid up and give him a pointer or two at the beginning of the half inning when they walk out to me. That I do not feel is a true "conference" Specifically during warm ups. Now fast fwd to near playoffs OK I will tell the coach if you cross the line come playoffs we are now not in a part of education this to me is now rubber meeting the road. Time to tighten it up. And they will be charged a conference.. Early part of the season meh.. lets get them playing...
-
Ugh.. At my level LL and whatever I do not care if a coach at the beginning of the inning helps the kid fill in holes or what ever it takes to make sure that the mound is sound for his Pitcher.. to me that speeds up getting the pitcher throwing. Not to mention down here in the weeds a lot of pitchers need that help to throw strikes.. Sigh just let it go...
-
To note I last night I could easily get 3 softballs in my Smitty XL Grey bags without issue I probably could have gotten a 4th had it been offered and that was with my wood brush in there too. Oh fyi they were optic yellow softballs, they did NOT clash with my light blue jersey or Grey Bags 🤡
-
Based on OP I have BR INT and BR is out Runners go back due to that and due to foul ball so Yeah I think you nailed it.
-
Ok I do not see one and I got these bad boys yesterday. (Pics do not show but)I am running the shoelaces a little different than how they set them up now. I grabbed it from where they cross the tongue up and over and down thru the protector and then back to the 2nd from top eyelet on the shoes. Is this how most folks do it?
-
Well I had an ok game Found out in the middle of the 1st It was NOT Little League Softball it was Babe Ruth /facepalm I looked thru my LL app and read up on as many rules as possible Oh well being both teams 1st game of the season and one new coach. Neither coach seemed to mind it with me being my 1st game of softball either so there was that. Called a REALLY big strike zone as discussed prior to game one coach wanted chin to shin I was about that big LOL but meh no one complained really couple of girls did not like the outside strike that was a ball off the plate but I told both coaches I would be calling the other batters box line like it was the plate. They were both happy with that. One thing that happened and I am wondering. 2 Outs R3 Ball to the backstop catcher retrieved it R3 coming home Batter did not clear and when runner approached she took a step back and right into the oncoming catcher. I called batter interference and called the runner out. 3 outs... I got no arguments but the new coach who's offence it was needed a little explaining. However I believe I got that correct.
-
I do not have the same LOS as the PU but that appeared from the camera angle to be foul. His arm looked like it was stretched out into the batters box pretty good. Edit yeah very bang bang play and poor PU really did not have time to react to get into proper position. The BU may have seen this better actually.
