Jump to content

ArchAngel72

Established Member
  • Posts

    1,828
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by ArchAngel72

  1. Been there done this.. I will say Strike 3 or "3" and then if I see the batter take off I shout "batter is out" 2 times. If the catcher at that point still makes a play to 1st that's on him imho and this has been a learning/teaching moment for him. As far as the R1 its a passed ball or dropped ball if he steals its live and he/she is at their own peril.
  2. IFF can be changed after the fact and the Umpire can make that change if it was challenged right away.
  3. I would say it was after the play No out run scores but player is ejected for un-sportsman like conduct.
  4. "Well coach I just looked over at my partner and he lightly toed the ground so I can see I kicked that call I will reverse it" "SAFE!" Or "Well coach My partner just pointed at you and did the universal signal for pull your head out of thyself's rear end, So I'm gonna say that yeah he saw it and No I am not turning it over'
  5. Depends on level and time of year. Early in the season it could be 1 or 2 times a pitcher ( early season with 8-10u I do not penalize) later in the season it slows down as they pick up on it. It happens rarely late season
  6. LL has this as 8.05e With a runner or runners on base. It is an illegal pitch when. e. the pitcher makes a quick pitch; Umpires will judge a quick pitch as one delivered before the batter is reasonably set in the batter's box. Notes for rule 8.05e also point out the penalty is also valid whether runners are on base or not. Penalty This is an instance in which an illegal pitch by LL Major/Minor Paraphrasing the penalty for INT. With runners on its a balk with no one on it is a ball. Notes also include that if struck by the batter it is a delayed dead ball with the option of keeping the play going to the OFF MGR So.. With regards to What's the threshold ? For me if the batter does not have his eyes on the pitcher and his hands and feet are properly in the box than Bingo that's a Quick pitch At the 8-10U level it happens a TON as well as the pitcher not waiting on me to put the ball back in play.
  7. What in the holy f-bomb... That is insanely AWFUL! Makes me wonder how much a tazer in my ball bag would weigh it down. Between that and grabbing it by mistake when you wanted the brush LOL
  8. Added the visor to mine was wondering how much of a difference it would make while using a skully cap and YEAH I was impressed . Love that visor!
  9. No. What is nuts is I kept going and now my new total is over $2700 I am done though. I got everything I need with one exception and that’s base shoes because I ordered them 2 times and both times they ended up being out of stock. Sigh
  10. It was not controlled by the glove it was open and shut and in the air and when I could see at least half of it it was not in control of the glove. It was not snowconed
  11. @MadMax Thank you for that informative post. It helped me immensely with installing these on My F3 shin guards. I have 2 pair now and I did this on my brand new pair thinking well the other straps are already adjusted and where I like them just leave them that way. Then after cutting the clips off the straps on the new set I thought hmmm I should have done this to the old pair as those straps are probably getting worn down. But meh I saved the new straps and cut off the cut of loops. If I need them they are spares now.
  12. Ugh. So last night my 1st night with my new CP a new counter which reverses the balls and strikes so balls is left and strikes are right. like you would hold it up. Anyway CP I found shoulders I did not have quite tight enough and that was bugging me a little bit and my mind was constantly distracted by the counter as I was like 40% of the time running the wrong dial. I fixed the cp last night after I got home and I want to like the counter but meh its a plastic one and after running the metal ones so long I like their slim fit in my hand Anyway 13U LL INT rules situation R1 no outs BR hits a shot to the gap in Left Center R1 hung a little bit to make sure it is not caught. Due to this 3B coach hold him at 2nd . BR thinking he hit a gapper goes for 2nd and arrives with R1 standing on 2nd. F6 gets ball tags them both. I call Out and wait I thought in my head I know this one its supposed to be the lead runner, who's out. ( YEAH WRONG) I had it reversed in my head at that moment. I pointed at the lead runner and said he is out. Well BR starts off the base and heads back towards the dugout. then F6 gives chase and he runs back to 1b I booted it bad. the 3b coach says time. I call time and say the runner at 2nd is out. He walks off the field and the coach goes I thought it was the runner behind. DING dawn is cracking over marble head and now I am going in my head wait wait its the lead runner that is safe not out you dope. But at this point this is where I am going crap. At that point no one said anything more the runner at 1b stayed there HT coach did not say anything else VT coach did not say anything else. At that point I knew I had kicked it. DO I correct it at that point bring R1 back and remove BR as the out? My head and gut are telling me yes I should have ate crow and fixed it. Also as I type this I am more and more pissed at myself Damn it. damn misfire .. C'Mon MAN! sigh.
  13. Down where I am at LL and BR levels I got no issues with a base coach telling another player on the other team great play when it is appropriate but another coach calling nicknames to the other team. Yup "stop that right there, one and only warning" Damn sorry that coach could not control his habit but yeah stop being that fool coach.
  14. I can say this YOU had the best look at that out of anyone at the park so BRAVO!
  15. So this thread has me thinking about a call I made a couple weeks ago. Me alone at PU with 12U LL Ground ball to F6 who has to charge it as its a slow roller and the grass is a little tall on the field I rolled around the catcher to about a yard onto the grass infront of Homeplate for a good view. It ends up being bang bang. By my vision I see the ball hit the glove before the BR foot hit the bag. However I see F3 snap at and jostle the ball in his glove like he did not have a secure hold in it. Enough so I see the about half of the ball out of his glove. He did not catch it cleanly imho. At the time he gets control of it the BR has touched the bag and is past it. I called safe. The VTC asked time and asked me did the runner beat the throw I said no but the 1st baseman juggled the ball and did not have control of it until the runner had touched the bag. I'm pondering now where is the catch no catch on that? Did I kick that?
  16. Believe me I hear you!
  17. Great shots! So who did you photograph? Is this one of your partners? He looks too good and not hairy enough to be a @wolfe_man 🤣
  18. I myself like the black with the leather I would leave it So new pic of the changes I made to my dinged mask along with side by side of my new mask
  19. At the moment you are talking about Runner is Safe. They are of course until touching the next base and maintaining the base still in jeopardy.
  20. Worst injury comeback I know of is a guy whom I do not know personally but he is the father of someone I work with. He tore his calf and I do not know the particulars but his son said it was a complete tear muscle rolled up towards his knee and etc. Well surgery and an off season and he is back on the field and has been for a few years now. I wish you luck in your recovery
  21. @Thunderheads Same mask changed out pads to black from my black mask which has deerskin on it now and added a AS TG to it Now I am just waiting for the AS deltaflex harness to show up
  22. I did loosen the mask back strap and have the AS delta flex harness on the mask. It had my original black pads on the mask until last night I changed them out to the deerskin ones and took that for a test drive. They did not seem to mount as well in the corners as they seemed tighter so I mounted the corner straps on the top piece higher than they should have been. This did give me a little more room at the visor with the pad sitting on top of the visor. It did drop it just s touch and made my window a lot better. Its also not so much of a harness issue that was holding the mask up it was the top pad thickness doing so. At least thats how I felt.
  23. Nope Bone Stock new. My back up so when I send out my black one that got dinged I do not have to rely on the hollow steel champro with the TW pads as its a been a bit cold for them still
  24. got this bad Larry last night Gotta change out the harness and add a throat guard still. I saw it and went OOOOH SHINEY!
  25. OMG... That is what I thought you meant in the OP.. 1st year coach?
×
×
  • Create New...