Jump to content

semper_fi_72

Inactive
  • Posts

    1,686
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by semper_fi_72

  1. 3 scheduled for Sat, 4 on Sunday and guess what is in the forecast? Rain for Sat and showers for Sunday. :BD:
  2. http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_Sports_Local_W_shreve_05.294ea31.html Guess I won't have to worry about his 90+ if I get a plate game with them. :mad:
  3. Get a NuttyBuddy and it won't hurt. The boys won't even feel it.
  4. OMG That belt should have been retired probably 2 years ago.
  5. I wonder how they kept getting the umpires to accept assignments when they were owed that much money?
  6. Well said Warren :nod:
  7. If I understand correctly. You say F1 made a legal move to 3rd base, as if there was a runner on the base. He does not have to step back off rubber to throw since he in now making a play on a runner attempting to steal the base. He is not throwing to a unoccupied base any more. No Balk. Put the nightmare behind you and sleep well. You made the right call which was not to make a call.:nod:
  8. I am hitting the gym. With the amount of games I have picked up and with several seasons approaching I have decided to do some cardio and strength training. Anyone know of any work out routines or material specifically geared towards umpires? All information appreciated.
  9. They may be rated by over 5000 customers, but I will stick with ump-attire my self. My personal customer satisfaction and that of others that I know, on and off this site are such that it has built one thing that is most valuable to Jim and Ump-attire. Our Customer Loyalty has been won by a company that prides it self on customer satisfaction and providing quality products at reasonable prices. Every order I ever placed with Ump-Attire was shipped the next business day and always arrives 2 UPS days later. Keep up the great work Jim.
  10. If it swings under FED it is a balk. I have seen this recently, no pitcher's arm is going to stay still while it is hanging. I observed movement every time but did not consider it a swinging motion. No one even questioned it. It is going to have to be a judgment call on what is swinging and what is slight movement. I do not like it either but when I am on the field of a FED Game it is my job to enforce the rules as best I can, whether I agree or disagree with the rule.
  11. Welcome aboard.
  12. Talk about raising the dead. This is a 5 month old thread you are now posting on. :D
  13. Congrats to Canada
  14. They won't stand straight up after you wear your shins on them for a couple of games. Two things I am happy I purchased in Jan. Reebok Plate shoes and NuttyBuddy. I get to use both tomorrow for two games. :D
  15. Talk about derailing the thread.
  16. Yes Indicate the safe runner first. That keeps him there on the base. Then when you indicate the following runner is out, he leaves the base. No miss understanding.
  17. As Mazz said use the proper mechanic and you will only have one out. You should not be getting two outs because of umpire error. Please go back and address the proper way to handle this with Jason.
  18. May I suggest calling????? One thing Ump_Attire has is outstanding customer service. If you ask I am sure you will get all the info you need.
  19. But at least your woman's hockey team celebrates like a bunch of sailors. Congrats on the Gold Medal but they burnt themselves with their celebration.
  20. I know he is in my HS Unit. Was suppose to go watch him work a college game a few weeks ago but had the flu.
  21. Hey...I think the inventor of The Official's Locker Room is a pretty good guy. Like the product to....just took me awhile to figure out how to fold it back up.:rollinglaugh:
  22. When would you have time to input the line ups each game?
  23. Your slot arm is tucked on your abdomen and make sure you tuck that elbow. The other hand is on your thigh. I slip mine down till it contacts the top of my shin guard. Again, tuck that elbow. Keep the elbows out of the line of fire.
  24. I do not buy base pants, but buy combo. I mark them as such inside on the waist band with a sharpie. If assigned bases, I wear combo, just in case I ever have to gear up for the plate.
  25. My Flex Fits very snug to my head. I also can not get a fitted cap to fit properly. 6 7/8 is to snug and I wind up with a headache. 7 is to loose comes off my head. IMHO there is nothing wrong with Flex Fit Caps. This falls into the area of personal preference and and functionality.
×
×
  • Create New...