-
Posts
1,686 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
22
Everything posted by semper_fi_72
-
Had same sit last week at LL Jr game. I was on bases R1 and R2. Dropped 3K, to back stop. R1 and R2 advance without a throw. Batter runs to first. I turn to him and say your out. I got no argument from anyone. Next day I get a call from a buddy who worked 2nd game with same guy on the plate. He asks why I did not allow a Batter to take 1B on a Dropped 3K. I told him the sit. He said PU disallowed a D3K, with no one on, in second game because of my action in first game. He definitely did not learn D3K at the 5 week Wendelstedt School he paid for.
-
Wilsonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn May you RIP
-
First - There is no such thing as a call "Dead Ball". There is "Time" which is the proper call. Sounds like a Umpire that does not know what he is doing. Why did he kill it in the middle of the pitch? Regardless, he killed it. No pitch. Batter remains at the plate and R1 returns to 1B. Find a better partner or tell him to learn what he is doing.
-
Welcome I use Pro 9 Shins I work youth, HS and Adult. I love the strap design and the fit they provide. They also have some adjust-ability in the knee. I have no concerns for protection. I would highly recommend them.
-
Two less dogs barking!!! :2cents:
-
Frosh = Freshman As stated some schools have Freshman, JV and Varsity. It was my last Frosh Game because I was evaluated a couple of weeks ago and moved up to work Varsity. We do not have a mercy rule but coaches have the option to call the game at anytime. It was a wise choice on his part to call it. 16 runs, 9 outs and a few left on base. Vistors were batting thru the order each inning and the home team could not catch a ball if it landed in their glove. Seen better LL Minor teams. In California there is a real good chance that there will be no school funded Freshman programs and JV may be impacted also. State does not have the money. In regard to the question about taxes, not a problem, at least for me. :stir
-
Call them. As far as talking to the pitcher each time, watch you do not cross the line to coaching. Call it and if the coach needs an explanation, explain it to him. Let him coach his players and correct it. I do 12U Travel Tournament Ball as well as PONY Mustang and Bronco and LL Junior games. I really am surprised at how few balks there are. Some coaches want every little twitch called a Balk on the opposing pitcher and my response is that I will call a balk when I see it.
-
Worked my second and last Frosh Game today. 1 hour 3 minutes. 3 innings, HT loses 16-0. After top of 3rd HC asks what is the mercy rule. I reply, there is no mercy rule but you can call the game anytime you want. His response is we will bat and then go ahead and call the game. I advise VHC. 3 Up 3 Down...3 perfect innings for Visiting F1. That was an easy $70. Now just waiting for Assignor to schedule me to some Varsity Games.
-
Excellent Jax Thanks for your assistance.
-
Last Friday I took a foul on my right arm, just above the elbow, during a HS JV Tournament game. Thankfully it was tucked properly. I did go to urgent care after game since my arm was swollen to twice it's normal size. Xrays were clean, but was put in a splint and sling. Still a little tender and the black and blue is starting to go away. I am thinking about getting a elbow protector like batters use to protect it awhile from any additional shots. Anyone know where they are available? Having trouble locating them. Thanks for your feedback.
-
flat black enamel model paint.
-
St. Patrick's Day and I do not have a Green Shirt to wear to my game tonight.
-
SNAFU I would say your association made a mistake by not making sure he had any experience before they took his money. We had like 6 guys show up at our first meeting in Jan like that. Wanted to make money. When they found out they had to invest about $900 in equipment, uniforms and association fees, they never returned. Good Luck
-
Why don't you just sit in the stands and watch the game. I bet you actually take money to work that way also. One word LAZY
-
I clean with Scrubbing Bubbles before I leave the field and put them in the trunk to allow them to dry. I then put on the hairspray the next day or before leaving for the field for my next games. Time management I bought a Rubbermaid box that holds Scrubbing Bubbles, Hair Spray, Febreze, scrub brush and rags. It stays in the trunk of the car.
-
I don't keep score. That is the scorekeepers job. Coaches names, trips, warnings etc, are noted on back of line-ups. If the game does not have line-up cards, I just use a blank 3x5 card. Watch putting porn on the blank side. Could get you in trouble, especially youth ball.:crazy:
-
I wear Richardson Flex Fits. My head is between 6 7/8 and 7. No fitted hat fits my goard. I have no problem with flex fits being loose.
-
Good advice from everyone. 2 Man in Freshman tourney. Very lucky and enjoy. Freshman and JV games here are one man so you never have a partner. One good thing about 1 man mechanics is, it will definitely teach you to hustle to get position. You have to be ready to move on everything.
-
They are not hot and very breathable. Mine went on at 7:30 AM yesterday and after 4 games they came off at 6 PM. Socks were dry and the dogs were still happy. Spray some scrubbing bubbles on them, hit with a brush and wipe off to clean. Squirt some Febreze inside and place in trunk. Will hit with hairspray before I leave for Adult game today and wear them for another game. At games yesterday, even guys wearing New Balance were saying Reeboks were lighter and more comfortable.
-
I have been using the 3N2 Base Shoe for 8 months now. I highly recommend it. They are light and comfortable and have excellent traction.
-
You Just have to read this for yourself
semper_fi_72 replied to Umpire in Chief's topic in Off-Topic/Funny Stories
That story was on the radio here under the dumb ass of the day news catagory. :bang: -
Don't most people have long distance as part their regular phone service at no additional charge. I do not pay anything extra for it on either my home phone or cell phone.
-
Better to spend a few more pennies than spend a few toes. Sorry, I do not think Ump-Attire carries them. GFs that is. Have you tried bribing SWMBO with a cut of game fees? Mine even ensures my uniforms and ball bags are washed, pants and ball bags are ironed. Wish I could get her to do shoes. :HS
-
Here in Sunny Southern California it never really ends, just slows down a little. I have games booked for next 10 days The ten day forecast says blue sky and sunshine. :HS
-
Do not get the Plate shoe. They are not suitable for baseball except maybe LL Minor and Major. It is not a steel toe, but I believe a fiberglass toe. Get plate shoes with steel only. Anything else can break and cause additional damage to toes. The base shoe is great. The sandwich's are made fresh every morning I do games by GF. She ensures I am well supplied on days I have multiple games. Of course she gets a cut of game fees. :HS
