Jump to content

semper_fi_72

Inactive
  • Posts

    1,686
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by semper_fi_72

  1. semper_fi_72

    FED ejection

    You answered your own question. An ejection is throwing someone out of the game. Go write your ejection report after the game. Recommendation - Warn and restrict before you EJ. Your EJ report will look much better and show you tried to give them every opportunity.
  2. How are the players entering the game if the coach is not advising you of the changes? You have line up cards!!!!! Coach A announces changes to you and you advise Coach B of the changes. Coach A comes out, I am putting #24 Johnny Smith in RF" Umpire...No your not coach, he was pulled/EJ from the game. He is not eligible to re-enter. These changes are done while we have called "TIME" correct? These are areas you have to control, so take control and do not let it happen and handle it immediately.
  3. Majestic has posted a new job opening. Spell Check Quality Control Supervisor :o
  4. I agree with Mr Umpire. Making mistakes is part of being human and they will occur. I also wonder why a Umpire would want to criticize a call made by a MLB Umpire. Right or Wrong, they made the call. They were there on the spot to make it. It is always easier to arm chair quarterback. We have enough criticism from players and coaches that we do not need to be part of that. He who is perfect may cast the first pitch. :o
  5. But the Bass Fishing here really sucks. :wow:
  6. I experience no problems with mine. In fact I have found it so comfortable that I have forgotten I am wearing it and failed to take it out before driving home.
  7. I had 20 rain outs since Jan 1st. Still will have my 100th game worked real soon. I love Southern California :clap:
  8. Just up dated my spreadsheet that I use to track all my assignments and games worked. I have had 20 rain outs and am scheduled to work my 100th game of 2010 on April 20th. :rollinglaugh:
  9. We play drop dead at 90 minutes in 5 leagues we work. Also 5 run per inning max. Time limits are usually set by local league, so check with your league UIC.
  10. Happened yesterday in Mustang PONY game. No Outs R1 and R2 Batter pops it up in direction of F4. As I see the ball is high enough and easily playable by F4, I am yelling Infield Fly - Batter is OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Out #1 R1 and R2 are half way to 2B and 3B respectively. F4 drops the ball. F4 then recovers the ball and throws to F6 covering 2B. F6 tags R1, Out #2. R2 rounds 3B and heads for home. F6 throws to F2, F2 tags R2, I start to think I have a Triple Play but I see the ball come squirting out of F2s glove. SAFE!!!! I turn back and see the batter standing on 1B. I advise the batter he was out on the infield fly, OC comes out and starts to question me. I advise him of Infield Fly rule and that I called it. He says he didn't hear it. I tell him I yelled it out loudly but perhaps he didn't hear it over all the yelling the parents were doing but should know when a IFR is in effect or not. He then asks what if his runners couldn't hear me? I tell him that is what he has base coaches for and they also should be aware of all possibilities with the runners. I ended it with Coach, be happy the catcher dropped the ball and you scored a run. Otherwise I would have called my first triple play and you would be taking the field right now instead of sending another batter up to the plate. As I head back to the plate, DC comes over and asks what was up. I advised him OC was questioning the IFR. His response was, Rookie Coach should read his rule book the league gave him. I asked him if he heard me call the IFR and he replied sure did. As I got set for the next batter I was thinking to myself...Damm....Wish F2 had held the ball so I could have called a Triple Play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. If it is that little, why would you need one. Welcome to the Nutty Buddy club. Wait till you take a shot and you will feel the difference. :BD:
  12. I am incent :ZZZ:
  13. No batter can switch every pitch if he wants. An ambidextrous pitcher may not switch once he takes the rubber as a RH or LH F1.
  14. Right Call, you had nothing. Batter can switch sides all he wants between pitches.
  15. Gee Nate I am sorry but what you did was un-called for.
  16. I also love my Oakley Sunglasses but I do not wear them behind the plate. Go to Walmart or a Bass Pro Shop and get a pair of Fishing Sunglasses for about $14. The price makes the expendable and they work fine. As I wear contacts, I also wear Winchester Yellow Tinted shooting glasses for night games or overcast days. They prevent the face full and eye full of dirt from a dirty F2s mitt when he catches a pitch right in front of your face. I also wear a 8 stitch cap like Brian. :smachhead:
  17. Great tips that I also use. A few more very important ones: Remove all the dirty sweaty t shirts and clothes when you get home or your car may not smell so nice in the morning when you head out to the next days games. Spray Febreze on your gear so it doesn't start stinking also. :bang:
  18. Jax The rule is set by each league, so the argument of what every one does with time limits is mute. We simply follow what the league wants and which is always covered at the plate meeting. I actually have had to resort to writing each leagues time limits on 3x5 cards, which I keep in the car, so I can refresh my memory. I also list any other league specific requirements/rules. I also would stay. In fact I am usually there for the next game waiting to start. I am in no hurry to leave. I have had two Adult teams recently ask if they could continue to play and if we would call the game for them after enforcing a mercy rule after 7 inning. The answer was no!!!, the league will not cover anyone insurance wise because the game is officially over and in the books.
  19. You are absolutely correct by the book. I am living in the real world where a new game starts in 15 minutes.
  20. Saturday Game scheduled to start every 2.5 hours. How do you keep your games on schedule? If it is against the rules to have time limits, then why is there a drop dead time, dictated by the league, in 5 different leagues within our District for Majors and Juniors.
  21. No we are not starting another inning. Defensive team will not take field and be ready to throw a pitch in 1 minute. Until the first pitch is thrown, the inning has not officially started.
  22. kyle Are you not using a drop dead time? Examples Minor - No new inning after 90 min, drop dead at 1 Hr 45. Major - No new inning after 2 hr, drop dead 2 hr 15. You have to use Drop Dead times to keep following games on schedule or else they won't start on time, or you will run into a curfew problem during week nights.
  23. FOUL
  24. Use to wrap hockey sticks like that. :HD:
  25. Baseball is not a water sport:)
×
×
  • Create New...