-
Posts
1,686 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
22
Everything posted by semper_fi_72
-
As I stated in a earlier post, if 3rd base can be stolen you need to be in "C" not "B". With R1 and R3 there is no need to be in C since no one can steal 3B, it is occupied.
-
Either B or C is acceptable. It has been explained to me this way, which is the way I generally work. R1 and and R3....Use B position. Use C Position anytime a runner can steal 3B. If 3B is occupied, it can not be stolen so work from B Position.
-
One goal that encompasses everything. Be Professional at all times.
-
Hey ump_24 Tell me again what the wrist bands are for!!!!!:BD:
-
I realize sailors do not have very high standards in women after being at sea for so long :hi5:
-
Hairspray is actually very soluble. Otherwise all our women would be running around with hairspray built up in their hair that did not wash out.
-
8,05(l) It is a pitchers balk. "The pitcher while giving a intentional base on ball, pitches when the catcher is not in the catcher's box". Catcher can leave the catchers's box to catch the ball, but the ball has to have been released by F1 before he leaves the box. A catcher can not "Balk". He can cause F1 to Balk in both of these cases, but it is F1 that balks and is charged with the balk.
-
Hey Ump_24 I do not doubt you. Since getting back on the field on the last day of August 2009, I begged, scratched and hunted down 52 games in the last 4 months of the year. I did have 6 rainouts in one weekend in Dec. I could have had 58 with those games. Those are all off season fall ball games also. Just at that rate, I would work 174 games in a year. The hard work and making contacts is paying off. I have worked 10 games in Jan and had another 5 rained out. I already have 13 assignments for February not to include High School Scrimmages on the last Sat of Feb and a 3 day tournament coming up on Presidents Day Weekend. Also been invited to work a 21 week Adult Ball Season with 2 games min on Sundays starting Mar 7. So that is another 42 plus playoffs in the pipe. It is also the highest paying league I am aware of and when the assignor asked if I wanted to work them, he didn't finish before I said yes. That is like 58 games in the pipeline already without any HS, PONY or LL assignments yet. So even without those I am over 80 games pretty much locked up already through June. I think that I will be able to reach around 200 games before 2010 is up. Yes I do have a GF She wants me to work games as she knows that is when I am the happiest and she knows she always gets her cut when the money comes in or reaps the rewards. Unlike a lot of guys, I also don't have to worry about work anymore. Wish I had more games as retirement can sure be boring at times. and I have always hated sitting around. In fact today is the anniversary of my first year of retirement. While you are 19 years old and fit enough to work that load, watch out, :FIRE:this real soon to be 55 year old man might run you over if you miss a step. I also recommend you keep that workout routine going. Always stay active. My past athletic experience in baseball, softball, football, marathons and triathlons did take some toll on my body, but it also has kept me at 5 foot 9 with a 33 inch waist and a prime 165 pounds. Don't have any other dream except to stay active doing games and to hopefully get into college ball when possible and work that for two to three years at least. So don't slow down, don't slip or stumble or that sensation you will be felling on your back is me running you over.:D
-
Warren You left out FEBREZE. :rollinglaugh:
-
Ok...I just pulled out my new Reebok Plate Shoes, snatched my girlfriends hairspray and started spraying them. Then I heard, "What are you doing with my hairspray?" They were already shined up but let me say this. The hairspray did give them a little more gloss. I think I am sold. It will be scrubbing bubbles and hairspray for me.:rollinglaugh:
-
Would like to find out how many different ways everyone is cleaning their shoes. Being the Retired Marine, Polish, a brush, and a lol spit shine has always been there for me. I have recently heard Murphy's Oil Soap and White Rain Hair Spray being used. So what do you do and use to clean and shine up your umpire shoes?
-
Warren Great addition to the site. Thanks for the great work you do with this site.
-
Correct But, according to our association, CIF, it is the one mandatory color to own. You can wear any color as long as partners match.
-
I post this here because there is not a thread for "Worlds Dumbest Wanna Be Umpires". High School Association meeting, 2 Monday's in a row, the below question was asked by a individual. He is a returning 2nd year Umpire. Last year he did JV and Freshman games. He will be doing JV and Freshman games again this year. If he gets assignments. HIS QUESTION "Last year we were told to contact a Board Member if we had a problem during a game. I tried to call a couple of times during games and was not able to reach anyone when I had situations on the field and needed help. Will we have a better number to call this year in case we need help with a ruling or a decision?" I could not believe my ears. :HSv:WTFv: Guess he didn't get the answer from most of the over 100 members that told him he needed to know the rules and make a decision. It is called Umpiring. What a Barney Fife. He should go Umpire TBall games in Mayberry and carry his rule book in his breast pocket. :FIRE:
-
Welcome fellow Devil Dog.
-
Don't come to California to worl High School. Navy Blue is the CIF default color.
-
Always be careful of that word. Ass U Me :Horse:
-
Bt_Blue Not Always The following runner is not always called out if the the preceding runner is forced by the trailing runner he can not return to previous base. He would be the one called out and the following runner would be safe.
-
Not overkill since you plan on moving into HS Level ball. Buy the best now and you will not have to buy another one when you move up into higher level ball. No such thing as to much protection. You need more protection in LL as you will take more shots in LL than you do in higher levels. A good catcher is your best protector and the higher you go the better they get. :FIRE:
-
What level ball will you be working? You can not beat any of the Wilson Hard Shell CPs (Gold/Platinum/Charcoal)
-
Forget the CD and get the Jim Evans Maximizing the Two-Umpire System. Great book and will give you more information than you ever thought possible. His Diamond Challenge and Balk DVDd are also excellent training material.
-
+POS Jackets are good and a good price. As far as different style stripping, well the jacket is black and the stripes are white. Unless everyone is forced to buy the same manufacture you will have subtle differences. Even the same company ie: Honig's, +POS or Smitty may have differences from one year to the next. I wouldn't get anal about width of stripes.
-
I have used this CP from LL Jr thru Adult and love it. Taking a good shot off of it is interesting, because the racket it makes gets everyone asking "Hey Blue You OK"? You just stand there and say; I didn't feel a thing and smile.
-
Heal toe provides better balance. It is also easier to open the gate from that stance. If you place your hand on the knee like the pic, be prepared to be injured. Forearm across body and keep the elbow tucked. It was uncomfortable because you were not use to it. Practice the stance and it will become comfortable. Sad that no one came out from your league to eval and held you and that you had to go to the clinic to get it corrected.
-
I have facebook as well does our LL District and a Adult League I do games for. I am a member of Umpire-Empire on Facebook also.
