Finnerty Supply Bucket

misterblack36
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2582 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I would say that the total would come out to $150 to $160 including shipping of the whole thing. Of course shipping depends on distance away from the sender.

Before you agree to it, check the legalities of shipping some of the supplies. I'd suspect some of it wouldn't be allowed.

I'd be inclined to suggest building your own. It's actually a lot of fun.

I went with the bucket idea because I didn't want to mess up my car, and because it doubles as a seat. The bucket sleeve was a no-brainer, because I used it to carry all of my crap when I ran my travel club for a few years. (I thought I was prepared then.)

Sort of reminds of "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for ever". Come on, seriously, he gave you the complete shopping list. Are you going to go back to him when one of the supplies runs low? :shakehead: Part of the usefulness of this would be customizing it for your use. I travel light but have a tub in the garage.

Sort of reminds of "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for ever". Come on, seriously, he gave you the complete shopping list. Are you going to go back to him when one of the supplies runs low? :shakehead: Part of the usefulness of this would be customizing it for your use. I travel light but have a tub in the garage.

I buy my fish at the store. That's where I'd like to buy Kfin's awesome bucket of perfection. Haha It's actually more the bucket and cover that I need. I don't want to buy a whole bucket of balls just for the can.

Six doesn't fit under my roll-out cover in the back of my ride. It's a five. I would recommend a six if it fits in your ride. The sleeve fits over a six or a five.

Baseball buckets come with the lid and without any baseballs:

Diamond Bucket & Diamond Bucket Sleeve

This one's a little funky, but after all, it's covered by the sleeve:

Diamond Five Gallon

Baseball Express bucket

Here's a six-gallon Pro Nine bucket

Six doesn't fit under my roll-out cover in the back of my ride. It's a five. Baseball buckets come with the lid and without any baseballs.

Diamond Bucket & Diamond Bucket Sleeve

Baseball Express bucket

Kev,

This is all 6 gallon stuff ....so you're saying you have a 5 gal bucket with a Diamond Sleeve for 6 gal buckets?

Yes. It fits both. So do the Easton or Pro Nine.

Nice!

Hey, what about that "large round rubbermaid" container for the towels, ..what does that look like ?! :)

THIS seems too big .........but something like this?

http://www.restockit.com/rubbermaid-clear-round-storage-container-(rcp572124cle).html

I have a confession: It's a Sterilite, not a Rubbermaid. It's essentially a cookie container/bowl with a snap-on lid, and it fits right over the rest of the bottles and cans inside the bucket:

photo2-3.jpg

photo-2.jpgphoto1-1.jpg

When there's a need, I fill the container with ice water and spirits of ammonia to make cooling towels, and take it out to the field when I check in. This way the towels remain clean and dry before their use. And when they're wet and aromatic after using them, they're sealed in a leak-proof container. It beats the hell out of a leaky Playmate cooler, or some such thing.

I have a confession: It's a Sterilite, not a Rubbermaid. It's essentially a cookie container/bowl with a snap-on lid, and it fits right over the rest of the bottles and cans inside the bucket:

When there's a need, I fill the container with ice water and spirits of ammonia to make cooling towels, and take it out to the field when I check in. This way the towels remain clean and dry before their use. And when they're wet and aromatic after using them, they're sealed in a leak-proof container. It beats the hell out of a leaky Playmate cooler, or some such thing.

KEVIN FINNERTY ....SUPER GENIUS! :D

This bucket-with-an-organizer-sleeve idea is really a great space-saver (I have a colleague who replaced an array of plastic bins and tubs that stretched across the entire cargo area of his rig), but the key to it is that it also contains a chair (saving even more space), and you can just throw it over your shoulder to carry it into the house when you don't need it. The way most guys have it arranged, it's a pain to remove everything from the back of the car.

• Like 1

Okay, I made my attempt at the KFINN FSB.

post-2042-0-17112900-1329148230_thumb.jp

Inventory:

• Fa-breeze Sport
  • Water spray bottle
  • Murphy Oil Soap/Water spray bottle
  • White Rain hairspray
  • Scrubbing Bubbles
  • Insect repellant
  • Sunscreen
  • Dryer Sheets
  • Lint Roller
  • Black athletic tape
  • Sharpie
  • WD40 pen
  • Shoe horn
  • Shoe brushes (2 sizes)
  • Shoe laces
  • Black nail polish
  • First Aid Kit
  • Leatherman
  • Bin with terry and microfiber towels

I figure the contents will change as the season progresses, but this is probably a good start.

Okay, I made my attempt at the KFINN FSB.

post-2042-0-17112900-1329148230_thumb.jp

Inventory:

• Fa-breeze Sport
  • Water spray bottle
  • Murphy Oil Soap/Water spray bottle
  • White Rain hairspray
  • Scrubbing Bubbles
  • Insect repellant
  • Sunscreen
  • Dryer Sheets
  • Lint Roller
  • Black athletic tape
  • Sharpie
  • WD40 pen
  • Shoe horn
  • Shoe brushes (2 sizes)
  • Shoe laces
  • Black nail polish
  • First Aid Kit
  • Leatherman
  • Bin with terry and microfiber towels

I figure the contents will change as the season progresses, but this is probably a good start.

I don't know what to say...

I, I'm just... so flattered.

All of our wives think we're nuts.

Maybe I should start a forum for for our wives and/or girlfriends to go about commenting on the stupid (in their eyes) things we do as umpires.

Perfect example, tonight my new shins arrived so I'm walking around in my boxers and shins adjusting the straps to constant scorn from wifey.