FPSR - Two New Case Plays

johnnyg08

Good job by FED differentiating between a runner 45 feet away and a runner not sliding right at the bag. Too bad the proof readers missed the fact that they left out the word NOT in 8.4.2(y) 🙃

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Richvee said:

Good job by FED differentiating between a runner 45 feet way and a runner not sliding right at the bag. Too bad the proof readers missed the fact that they left out the word NOT in 8.4.2(y) 🙃

Force me to buy a new CB in 2025! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, johnnyg08 said:

Our association actually gave us hard copies this year. Which is good,  because the new FED app for the e books is horrible, and I can’t figure out where to find the ‘24 casebook. 

24 minutes ago, Richvee said:

Our association actually gave us hard copies this year. Which is good,  because the new FED app for the e books is horrible, and I can’t figure out where to find the ‘24 casebook. 

Off Topic. NFHS All Access incredibly confusing to have the app on phone but have to buy the book on computer. Took me awhile to figure out how to buy pub which then becomes available in App. Pubs seem OK but you have to use your computer intuition to navigate or search.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Richvee said:

Agree. NFHS All Access is a bit confusing...I like that I can view it from my laptop again for things like this. 

8 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

Two new and very significant case plays in this year's NFHS Case Book regarding FPSR. This was a long time coming. Omission of the word "not" is highlighted & boxed. It should read "chooses NOT to slide" 

2024 NFHS FPSR.png

So, John ..... are you saying that this "situation Y" from the 2024 casebook is a NEW COMMENT in the "RULING" area clarifying that a runner must veer away?

26 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

So, John ..... are you saying that this "situation Y" from the 2024 casebook is a NEW COMMENT in the "RULING" area clarifying that a runner must veer away?

These are new Case Plays for 2024. They were not in the 2023 Case Book.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, johnnyg08 said:

These are new Case Plays for 2024. They were not in the 2023 Case Book.

Ok, great then!  I mean, we discussed this at length last year about how the NCAA had the proper verbiage within their rule and that FED needed to do the same.   At least there's clarification within the case plays now :shrug:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Ok, great then!  I mean, we discussed this at length last year about how the NCAA had the proper verbiage within their rule and that FED needed to do the same.   At least there's clarification within the case plays now :shrug:

For sure. These case plays are significant enhancements to the enforcement of this rule. It's much, much clearer. 

Slide legally or get out of the way. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Richvee said:

Good job by FED differentiating between a runner 45 feet away and a runner not sliding right at the bag. Too bad the proof readers missed the fact that they left out the word NOT in 8.4.2(y) 🙃

Good job FED for clearing this up.

Bad job to the umpires who were so bad at this that it had to be cleared up.  Just saying.  A little common sense.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Jimurray said:

We had a discussion here about whether you had to slide in OBR/MLB. I'm of the opinion that a retired runner can continue to run.

They sure can. But the reason I posted this is because this is what the violation will often look like in NFHS. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

They sure can. But the reason I posted this is because this is what the violation will often look like in NFHS. 

And NCAA

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 10:12 PM, johnnyg08 said:

Breaker, breaker, Johnny Snowman ️. Are ya there, good buddy? 

On 3/5/2024 at 6:38 AM, johnnyg08 said:

I reached out to the NFHS and I heard back confirming that the word "not" was an accidental omission. 

Oh sure… why can’t they “accidentally omit”  the “shirt shall be navy” line/clause, huh?? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

Oh sure… why can’t they “accidentally omit”  the “shirt shall be navy” line/clause, huh?? 

“Hey, noob!  That shirt looks black!”

”Nah, man.  My interpretation is that this is pro-navy in color and style.”

Need to take this back to @DerekGDS … why do we need the red?  How about navy with grey side panels?  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

“Hey, noob!  That shirt looks black!”

”Nah, man.  My interpretation is that this is pro-navy in color and style.”

Need to take this back to @DerekGDS … why do we need the red?  How about navy with grey side panels?  

I could do Navy so dark it almost looks black with charcoal side panels. Wouldn't take much to tweak that 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2