Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2052 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted
I'm not as hardline as that. But pretty much. I believe I can be safe while still providing pretty much the same services as I have in the past. 
Arik,... you can't be effective 6 feet away from f2,....that's my point....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Posted
On 2/15/2021 at 4:49 AM, Thunderheads said:

Arik,... you can't be effective 6 feet away from f2,....that's my point....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

I agree 100% not even the Davis Stance puts you more than 2 feet away. 6 would be an incredible amount of space!

So I fully intend to figure out a way to be double layered mask. I'll have hand sanitizer as well as the directive that we do not handle baseballs. 

Honestly... it is no different than being at work for me. Except that I will be outside the whole time. Rather than about 70% of the time inside a warehouse or other enclosed building.

Posted

Had my rules interp meeting last night.

Regarding baseballs, we were told to let them play, and let them go through their excess inventory

  • Like 1
Posted
On 2/10/2021 at 3:45 PM, wolfe_man said:

f F1 blows on his hands, we have to change baseballs and have him use hand sanitizer before we can resume!

It's getting ridicules.  I do wrestling as well and they cannot shake hands before the match.... whistle blows... first action is to grab each other's hands WHILE they are cheek-to-cheek, noses and mouths about 2 inches apart.  Go figure.

  • Like 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, aaluck said:

It's getting ridicules.  I do wrestling as well and they cannot shake hands before the match.... whistle blows... first action is to grab each other's hands WHILE they are cheek-to-cheek, noses and mouths about 2 inches apart.  Go figure.

Agree.  I'm at far greater risk than any of the kids of catching the stuff, let them play.

Posted
On 2/17/2021 at 4:00 AM, BT_Blue said:

I agree 100% not even the Davis Stance puts you more than 2 feet away. 6 would be an incredible amount of space!

So I fully intend to figure out a way to be double layered mask. I'll have hand sanitizer as well as the directive that we do not handle baseballs. 

Honestly... it is no different than being at work for me. Except that I will be outside the whole time. Rather than about 70% of the time inside a warehouse or other enclosed building.

I'm going to do what the state says, and I'll find out soon.  Sunday we have a meeting to go over protocol, but our state director said there's no mask directive yet for baseball

Posted
4 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

but our state director said there's no mask directive yet for baseball

That actually surprises me.

We are going mask, no handling baseballs, middle line up sheet, coach or allowed to foul line to discuss plays (I'm not sure how closely I plan to follow this), and a few other things.

Thankfully, mechanics seem to be the sane as always. So there's that.

Posted
1 minute ago, BT_Blue said:

That actually surprises me.

We are going mask, no handling baseballs, middle line up sheet, coach or allowed to foul line to discuss plays (I'm not sure how closely I plan to follow this), and a few other things.

Thankfully, mechanics seem to be the sane as always. So there's that.

remember, ... we're still a month away from games in Michigan ;) 

Posted
1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

remember, ... we're still a month away from games in Michigan ;) 

There is no mask mandate in OH during play, but before/after game we're supposed to have one on.  And IF we talk to coaches up close, then supposed to have one on during game - but not on plate or on bases unless we're within 6 feet of players consistently.

Posted
There is no mask mandate in OH during play, but before/after game we're supposed to have one on.  And IF we talk to coaches up close, then supposed to have one on during game - but not on plate or on bases unless we're within 6 feet of players consistently.
Wow, I hope we adopt this but, here in Michigan, who knows what's going to happen

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk



  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Posted
Wow, I hope we adopt this but here in Michigan, who knows what's going to happen

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
My bet... you will be closer to us than that. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Matt..... what's your problem?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

You have admin rights and are saying things that others probably wouldn't be allowed here. Not to mention, it's a stupid comment in itself.

Posted
You have admin rights and are saying things that others probably wouldn't be allowed here. Not to mention, it's a stupid comment in itself.
I understand. But, honestly,...no one here would not be allowed to say what I said. This site typically has always had a pretty loose rope on things. Unless of course, things go off the rails.

Over the years I'm sure you yourself have said worse (in a different context of course).

Stupid comment? Hardly. And I won't explain why it's not a stupid comment because that will probably ruffle your feathers based on this conversation.

I just edited my comment......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Posted

Okay, not only has this thread gotten well away from the OP - I should know, having been the author, and we're not talking about baseballs and NOSCAE any more - but it's also getting a little testy.

Soooooo, again, because I brought this thread into the world, which means I can take it out AND because I have moderator abilities (blame Warren for that), I'm locking this up.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2052 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...