Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2641 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Speaking of podcasts @JSam21, did umpcast disappear? Or is my phone just not catching any new episodes?

If I remember correctly they are on a little break..

 

Posted
2 hours ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Speaking of podcasts @JSam21, did umpcast disappear? Or is my phone just not catching any new episodes?

 

Posted

I’ve been enjoying the information in the Gerry Davis series,  but the audio quality is awful.

I listen to a lot of podcasts and have become a bit of a snob on that regard.  :P

I also like the Plate Meeting.  Will have to try out Umpcast.  Any other good ones?

Posted

My buddy is a quick responder:

"Yes, I made a change on the audio this past episode... Should be much better for now on. "

 

Hopefully in the future casts, you notice a difference.

Posted
9 hours ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Speaking of podcasts @JSam21, did umpcast disappear? Or is my phone just not catching any new episodes?

 

8 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

If I remember correctly they are on a little break..

 

 

7 hours ago, kylehutson said:

 

In all honesty, it is pretty much done. I’m really the only one still umpiring. I don’t have the equipment or time to continue the show by myself. The time that would go into the show would be better off spent getting into the gym for me. I really enjoyed doing it but with no monetary gain coming from the show, it is hard to justify turning down games or not going to the gym to do the show. 

Posted

Yeah, at times the sound quality has been bad, or even changed in the middle of a particular episode (I assume they had to change recording locations), but some of the stories are great, and some good usable advice. I really like the idea of "timing" being "when you use your judgement" - that is, the moment at which you render a decision - and how it's not just a matter of slowing down, but using that time to actually process what you've seen and then make the call.

Posted
On 7/1/2019 at 11:20 PM, JSam21 said:

 

 

In all honesty, it is pretty much done. I’m really the only one still umpiring. I don’t have the equipment or time to continue the show by myself. The time that would go into the show would be better off spent getting into the gym for me. I really enjoyed doing it but with no monetary gain coming from the show, it is hard to justify turning down games or not going to the gym to do the show. 

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'll be the first one to admit it's tough. The time it takes to do these things is tough. It is much more than just the time on the air. It's prep work technical stuff... 

I'm a prime example remember a few years ago I tried doing a call in show on the site...
Then the quick tips YouTube channel (which I'm bringing back very soon!!!)

  • Like 1
Posted
16 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'll be the first one to admit it's tough. The time it takes to do these things is tough. It is much more than just the time on the air. It's prep work technical stuff... 

I'm a prime example remember a few years ago I tried doing a call in show on the site...
Then the quick tips YouTube channel (which I'm bringing back very soon!!!)

It sucks because I had a great time doing the show. Being able to BS with people for an hour or so every week about umpiring is fun. It felt like sitting at the corner of the bar with your crewmates just having a beer and talking shop. 

Posted
37 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

It sucks because I had a great time doing the show. Being able to BS with people for an hour or so every week about umpiring is fun. It felt like sitting at the corner of the bar with your crewmates just having a beer and talking shop. 

We could set up a Discord server for the site. There's a section you can have for voice chat. Set up a day and time, see who shows up.

We don't even have to record it.

  • Like 1
Posted
44 minutes ago, yawetag said:

We could set up a Discord server for the site. There's a section you can have for voice chat. Set up a day and time, see who shows up.

We don't even have to record it.

That is what we used to do the show actually. 

Posted
On 7/1/2019 at 6:18 PM, Mudisfun said:

My buddy is a quick responder:

"Yes, I made a change on the audio this past episode... Should be much better for now on. "

 

Hopefully in the future casts, you notice a difference.

BIG difference in the current episode!  Tell your buddy KUDOS!

×
×
  • Create New...