Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3103 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Friday's game is looking questionable.

And Saturday's...

And Monday's.

Gotta love northeast baseball.

20180321_174038.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

My memory might be faulty, but didn't you post a similar photo last winter?

About 30 miles south of you,  we have had 15 hours of steady, heavy snow, and still counting.

Posted

Screenshot9520180321-161705.png.db72c7071ea0dcecf88ecf342b6e692a.png

A text from my son and his girlfriend who moved to Ca. two years ago.....nice kids.:shrug:

This was last year..March 14th...Getting tired of this.....

 

IMG_0340.JPG.641b6ff4d8e47fb54d8eeb16f7f39e2c.JPG

Posted
6 minutes ago, Richvee said:

Screenshot9520180321-161705.png.db72c7071ea0dcecf88ecf342b6e692a.png

A text from my son and his girlfriend who moved to Ca. two years ago.....nice kids.:shrug:

This was last year..March 14th...Getting tired of this.....

 

IMG_0340.JPG.641b6ff4d8e47fb54d8eeb16f7f39e2c.JPG

We need umpires here in Texas, Rich.

  • Like 2
Posted
Just now, Richvee said:

Talk to my wife :GL:

If that's all it will take, this is as good as done. My mom and my wife are both Jersey girls and we've been living the good life here feeling relieved that we never have to deal with winter again. They'll invite your wife down for a cup of cawfee and that'll be that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted

It doesn't help but, the weather has been tough this Spring here too.  I have had 6 out of 15 games cancelled. Not much you can do, except polish your shoes and repack your gear bag.

Posted
4 hours ago, LRZ said:

My memory might be faulty, but didn't you post a similar photo last winter?

About 30 miles south of you,  we have had 15 hours of steady, heavy snow, and still counting.

No sir. Your memory is spot on. Last March 14th...

Posted

I'm 4 out of 5 games cancelled in Central OH so far.   And that's a terrible .200 batting average for me to start the year.  Hopefully, tomorrow (last scrimmage) and Saturday (official opener) is good to go.

Posted

2 played, 9 cancelled. At least this latest snowfall was less than expected, (4-5 inches tops) and it's starting to melt already.

We'll see about Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday.. Regular season opens a week from Saturday. I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Posted

I don't do school ball, so I don't have to worry about the more than 12" of snow on the ground melting in time for my next game. In fact, I'm having a hard time getting motivated enough to get my gear out of storage. Looking out the window at a sight like in conbo61's photo--to borrow a phrase from Richie Ashburn, "Hard to believe, Harry," that we'll be playing baseball soon.

Posted
I don't do school ball, so I don't have to worry about the more than 12" of snow on the ground melting in time for my next game. In fact, I'm having a hard time getting motivated enough to get my gear out of storage. Looking out the window at a sight like in conbo61's photo--to borrow a phrase from Richie Ashburn, "Hard to believe, Harry," that we'll be playing baseball soon.
In doing 17 games a week out here in California

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Posted

I think next year I will just block out the month of March on Arbiter.

Why get my hopes up?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
3 hours ago, hdwhitten said:

In doing 17 games a week out here in California.
 

Schadenfreude? Yeah, you just wait until that earthquake hits.... We easterners will have a laugh then! :D

Posted
Schadenfreude? Yeah, you just wait until that earthquake hits.... We easterners will have a laugh then! 
Earthquakes are kind of fun as long as there not real big ones. Take that over tornados any day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Posted
On March 23, 2018 at 5:39 AM, hdwhitten said:

In doing 17 games a week out here in California

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

That's more then half a season here:mad:

Posted

Every single scrimmage except one for me was rained/snowed/cold'ed out. First game is Monday, my partner already said I have the plate (he's the assignor around here, I'm not arguing :) ) and my only scrimmage, I was on bases. Hope that zone isn't too rusty. 

Posted
On 3/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, Richvee said:

Screenshot9520180321-161705.png.db72c7071ea0dcecf88ecf342b6e692a.png

A text from my son and his girlfriend who moved to Ca. two years ago.....nice kids.:shrug:

This was last year..March 14th...Getting tired of this.....

 

IMG_0340.JPG.641b6ff4d8e47fb54d8eeb16f7f39e2c.JPG

 

March is still winter. You should know this by now.  :)

Posted
1 hour ago, Rich Ives said:

 

March is still winter. You should know this by now.  :)

 

I know up in your neck of the woods spring comes even later.....(Like early June  :)), but sometimes March can be nice. Just not recently. '16 was torrential flooding rains, last year was a foot and a half of snow on 3-14,and now 3 storms in 2 weeks this March. Certainly not the norm. 

I distinctly remember being on a field in March  with sunny skies and temps in the 60's pushing 70. .. albeit 3-4 years ago. .Or maybe I was dreaming :shrug:

Posted
18 hours ago, Richvee said:

 

I know up in your neck of the woods spring comes even later.....(Like early June  :)), but sometimes March can be nice. Just not recently. '16 was torrential flooding rains, last year was a foot and a half of snow on 3-14,and now 3 storms in 2 weeks this March. Certainly not the norm. 

I distinctly remember being on a field in March  with sunny skies and temps in the 60's pushing 70. .. albeit 3-4 years ago. .Or maybe I was dreaming :shrug:

You weren't dreaming... chance of 70 in Ohio tomorrow.   Just last week, we had snow on the ground and 30's all weekend and this morning.  Supposed to be 55 today and sunny, we'll see.

Posted
5 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

You weren't dreaming... chance of 70 in Ohio tomorrow.   Just last week, we had snow on the ground and 30's all weekend and this morning.  Supposed to be 55 today and sunny, we'll see.

Low 50's and lots of sun today and tomorrow. The only snow I see is small piles in heavily shaded areas. Yet I've received two text today....Monday and Tuesday's games canceled. 

:banghead:  :confused: :hopmad:

Posted
40 minutes ago, Richvee said:

Low 50's and lots of sun today and tomorrow. The only snow I see is small piles in heavily shaded areas. Yet I've received two text today....Monday and Tuesday's games canceled. 

:banghead:  :confused: :hopmad:

gotta be field conditions, I was out with my boy on our yard and the ground was soft and wet, can't imagine what some of our local fields with poor drainage are like.  Some of them are near natural bodies of water and have a high water table. 

Posted
56 minutes ago, Richvee said:

Low 50's and lots of sun today and tomorrow. The only snow I see is small piles in heavily shaded areas. Yet I've received two text today....Monday and Tuesday's games canceled. 

:banghead:  :confused: :hopmad:

I must have heard wrong, my weather app says 50's all week.. but wet Tues-Thurs so that probably means cancelled games.  I'm 2 for 8 so far... with one tonight I should get in.  I keep telling myself it'll get better eventually... but man, it's been a long winter.

×
×
  • Create New...