NCAA Test Glitch???

kstrunk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2641 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So I went back into my exam after saving, and the detractors (options) for one of the questions were completely re-arranged. The question was the same, and the same options were given, but in different order. Beware Brothers! 

11 minutes ago, kstrunk said:

It's just about every multiple choice question. 

@kstrunk Just the ones that you've left blank to go back later and answer, right?  Hopefully you don't mean all the ones you answered are now out-of-order and our answers would be incorrect.

My answers are in a different order every time I come back, but the answer I selected didn't change.  For example, when I answered a question, it was A, but when I came back the same answer was selected but now it was C.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

My answers are in a different order every time I come back, but the answer I selected didn't change.  For example, when I answered a question, it was A, but when I came back the same answer was selected but now it was C.

This was my experience as well. I took it to be that way so that people could not just send the answers to someone else since they change every time you login. 

Thanks for the heads-up.  Went back in to work on the test and several answers are now wrong due to the options being reshuffled.   Looks like I'm going to have to go through the whole thing question by question to make sure I don't miss any because of this glitch.  (Cant afford to miss any more than I would have had without tech issues:rolleyes:

What is everyone getting on this question... it's worded poorly

"

Question #8

From the set position with a runner on base, if any part of the pitcher’s free foot or the stride leg breaks the plane of the back edge of the rubber and he does not throw or feint a motion to 2B or pitch to HP, a balk is called "

NCAA rule says "

A balk shall be called for the following action by a pitcher:

Art. l.

From the set position, if the entire free foot or any part of the stride leg breaks the plane of the back edge of the pitcher's rubber and the pitcher does not throw or feint a motion to second base or pitch to home plate (see 9-1-b [3]); "

I do not have a balk in this one, so i marked False

"

Question #8

From the set position with a runner on base, if any part of the pitcher’s free foot or the stride leg breaks the plane of the back edge of the rubber and he does not throw or feint a motion to 2B or pitch to HP, a balk is called "

NCAA rule says "

Art. l.

From the set position, if the entire free foot or any part of the stride leg breaks the plane of the back edge of the pitcher's rubber and the pitcher does not throw or feint a motion to second base or pitch to home plate (see 9-1-b [3]); "

It's false. Its the entire free foot, not any part.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

"

Question #8

NCAA rule says "

Art. l.

Why would you say it is worded poorly. You answered correctly.  They were trying to get an OBR imposter or a too fast reader.

the rule also says that any part of the stride leg.. its a 2 part rule.. you can break the back edge of the rubber with just your foot...and in another pick off your back knee can break the back edge...

So the answer should be true.

No. When they use "or" if you take either part out, then it should be true in both cases. So if you take "or any part of the stride leg" out then the statement is false. Therefore, the answer is false.

30 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

No. When they use "or" if you take either part out, then it should be true in both cases. So if you take "or any part of the stride leg" out then the statement is false. Therefore, the answer is false.

ok.. you can have a balk for just his entire free foot breaking Correct?....

you can also have a balk for any part of his stride leg breaking the back edge of the rubber correct?...

heck you can have both on the same play..

so

ok.. you can have a balk for just his entire free foot breaking Correct?....

you can also have a balk for any part of his stride leg breaking the back edge of the rubber correct?...

heck you can have both on the same play..

so

The question doesn't say "entire free foot." It says "any part of the free foot " which makes it false.