Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3700 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys,

I recently got a pair of Douglas Shins and, as my partner helpfully pointed out in the third inning of our 9 inning contest, the left shin guard squeaks when I bend my knee. However I am unable to identify the source of the squeaking. Has anyone else with Douglas shins had this problem and can point me to the source? Thanks. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Stk004 said:

Hi guys,

I recently got a pair of Douglas Shins and, as my partner helpfully pointed out in the third inning of our 9 inning contest, the left shin guard squeaks when I bend my knee. However I am unable to identify the source of the squeaking. Has anyone else with Douglas shins had this problem and can point me to the source? Thanks. 

Process of elimination.  Put the shin on ..... make the issue re-occur, then, unbuckle each strap at a time, bend, test for squeak.  Once you find it, you can use WD40.  You can also have Douglas re-do your shins w/ plastic clip, which I may do in the Fall.

  • Like 1
Posted

My Force 3's don't. I definitely had it with some Wilson Guardians I got rid of. It annoyed me so much.

Posted
1 minute ago, udbrky said:

My Force 3's don't. I definitely had it with some Wilson Guardians I got rid of. It annoyed me so much.

I was having a peaceful night on the dish until my partner pointed it out. Love that high pitch squeak every pitch. 

Posted
Just now, Stk004 said:

I was having a peaceful night on the dish until my partner pointed it out. Love that high pitch squeak every pitch. 

Haha, crazy he heard it and you didn't notice. I use silicon spray and hit every joint with it. Just give it some time to dissipate the smell.


Don't you have like 18 full sets of gear?

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, udbrky said:

Haha, crazy he heard it and you didn't notice. I use silicon spray and hit every joint with it. Just give it some time to dissipate the smell.


Don't you have like 18 full sets of gear?

Yeah...... I had a lot of downtime this summer. 

Posted
Just now, JaxRolo said:

You need to dispose of them. Send them to me!

Cash trades are my favorite kind of trade. :nod:

×
×
  • Create New...