- 0
Pitcher has 12 seconds to release the ball once he receives it. Rule 8.04
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4517 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question
Jayumpref19
Hi. I do varsity baseball in Massachusetts and we go by the MLB rules. In rule 8.04 it says that the pitch has 12 seconds to throw the ball once he has received it from the catch with bases unoccupied. So what is the time limit when the bases are occupied?
Top Posters For This Question
2
1
1
1
Popular Days
May 26
6
May 27
1
Top Posters For This Question
Majordave 2 posts
Jayumpref19 1 post
Jocko 1 post
pnewton 1 post
Popular Days
May 26 2014
6 posts
May 27 2014
1 post
Popular Posts
Majordave
That's a booger best not picked. I would warn first then enforce but it would have to be very bad. Never seen it. Only scenario that comes to mind right now is a Mark Fidrych type guy walking around t
pnewton
There is no time limit with runners. I have never actually seen the time limit enforced with no runners, I don't think it would go over very well.
Majordave
Every now and then my old bean comes up with something good.
6 answers to this question
Recommended Posts