Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4541 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Last year was "new uniform year".  New pants, shirts, jackets, hats, and field shoes.  This year is "new gear year".  New plate shoes(NB 460), new shinguards(West Vest Pro), new chest protector(Wilson Platinum), and new Team Wendy's(in my Diamond frame).  So far I've had 5 high school varsity plates and 2 jv plates.  I know I'm going to regret the next sentence that I type, but here it goes.  I have not had one ball touch me.  Apparently my gear also came with some sort of force field that does not allow contact.  I actually do feel safer walking to the field for each game wearing my improved gear.  I'm also glad to be unable to report back as of yet to its' actual effectiveness.  And because I know with the thoroughness of the posters here, my new gear replaces NB 450's, 14 year old Honigs chest protector and shin guards, and stock Diamond pads.    

Posted

Last year was "new uniform year".  New pants, shirts, jackets, hats, and field shoes.  This year is "new gear year".  New plate shoes(NB 460), new shinguards(West Vest Pro), new chest protector(Wilson Platinum), and new Team Wendy's(in my Diamond frame).  So far I've had 5 high school varsity plates and 2 jv plates.  I know I'm going to regret the next sentence that I type, but here it goes.  I have not had one ball touch me.  Apparently my gear also came with some sort of force field that does not allow contact.  I actually do feel safer walking to the field for each game wearing my improved gear.  I'm also glad to be unable to report back as of yet to its' actual effectiveness.  And because I know with the thoroughness of the posters here, my new gear replaces NB 450's, 14 year old Honigs chest protector and shin guards, and stock Diamond pads.    

 kiss of death :no::wave:

  • Like 2
Posted

 

Last year was "new uniform year".  New pants, shirts, jackets, hats, and field shoes.  This year is "new gear year".  New plate shoes(NB 460), new shinguards(West Vest Pro), new chest protector(Wilson Platinum), and new Team Wendy's(in my Diamond frame).  So far I've had 5 high school varsity plates and 2 jv plates.  I know I'm going to regret the next sentence that I type, but here it goes.  I have not had one ball touch me.  Apparently my gear also came with some sort of force field that does not allow contact.  I actually do feel safer walking to the field for each game wearing my improved gear.  I'm also glad to be unable to report back as of yet to its' actual effectiveness.  And because I know with the thoroughness of the posters here, my new gear replaces NB 450's, 14 year old Honigs chest protector and shin guards, and stock Diamond pads.    

 kiss of death :no::wave:

 

He might as well have said, "Man, this game sure is going fast".

  • Like 9
Posted

 

 

Last year was "new uniform year".  New pants, shirts, jackets, hats, and field shoes.  This year is "new gear year".  New plate shoes(NB 460), new shinguards(West Vest Pro), new chest protector(Wilson Platinum), and new Team Wendy's(in my Diamond frame).  So far I've had 5 high school varsity plates and 2 jv plates.  I know I'm going to regret the next sentence that I type, but here it goes.  I have not had one ball touch me.  Apparently my gear also came with some sort of force field that does not allow contact.  I actually do feel safer walking to the field for each game wearing my improved gear.  I'm also glad to be unable to report back as of yet to its' actual effectiveness.  And because I know with the thoroughness of the posters here, my new gear replaces NB 450's, 14 year old Honigs chest protector and shin guards, and stock Diamond pads.    

 kiss of death :no::wave:

 

He might as well have said, "Man, this game sure is going fast".

 

 :spit:

Posted

The only ball proof protector is the Unequal.  :fuel:

 

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:  SAD :no:  :no:  :no:

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I can now report back on the effectiveness of my Wilson Platinum.  I've had 27 high school plate games so far this year.  Took my first shot of the season in my first non-high school game of the season.  14 year old pitcher throwing mid 70's.  Fastball fouled straight back into my chest and ball bounced halfway back to the pitcher.  It was loud.  I didn't feel a thing.  No mark of any kind on my chest.  I couldn't be any happier with the protection.  

Posted

I can now report back on the effectiveness of my Wilson Platinum.  I've had 27 high school plate games so far this year.  Took my first shot of the season in my first non-high school game of the season.  14 year old pitcher throwing mid 70's.  Fastball fouled straight back into my chest and ball bounced halfway back to the pitcher.  It was loud.  I didn't feel a thing.  No mark of any kind on my chest.  I couldn't be any happier with the protection.  

 

My Unequal experience is pretty much the same:

 

Fastball fouled straight back into my chest and ball bounced to my feet.  It was quiet.  I didn't feel a thing.  No mark of any kind on my chest.  I couldn't be any happier with the protection. :fuel::stir

  • Like 2
Posted

How the heck did you go 27 HS games without taking a shot? I gotta be doing something wrong...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Posted

I can now report back on the effectiveness of my Wilson Platinum. I've had 27 high school plate games so far this year. Took my first shot of the season in my first non-high school game of the season. 14 year old pitcher throwing mid 70's. Fastball fouled straight back into my chest and ball bounced halfway back to the pitcher. It was loud. I didn't feel a thing. No mark of any kind on my chest. I couldn't be any happier with the protection.

My Unequal experience is pretty much the same:

Fastball fouled straight back into my chest and ball bounced to my feet. It was quiet. I didn't feel a thing. No mark of any kind on my chest. I couldn't be any happier with the protection. :fuel::stir

How can it be fouled back of that t-Ball holder??

  • Like 1
Posted

How the heck did you go 27 HS games without taking a shot? I gotta be doing something wrong...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The slot and good catchers I guess.  I've had a couple balls off my shin guards and only one to my mask.  It's not like I'm too small to get hit, I'm 6'6" 285.

Posted

I've done atleast 30 HS games and have only taken a bat to the mask, a couple shin shots, 3 direct cup shots, and one to my Unequal. I have a feeling I'm going to regret writing this.....

Posted

 

 

I can now report back on the effectiveness of my Wilson Platinum. I've had 27 high school plate games so far this year. Took my first shot of the season in my first non-high school game of the season. 14 year old pitcher throwing mid 70's. Fastball fouled straight back into my chest and ball bounced halfway back to the pitcher. It was loud. I didn't feel a thing. No mark of any kind on my chest. I couldn't be any happier with the protection.

My Unequal experience is pretty much the same:

Fastball fouled straight back into my chest and ball bounced to my feet. It was quiet. I didn't feel a thing. No mark of any kind on my chest. I couldn't be any happier with the protection. :fuel::stir

 

How can it be fouled back of that t-Ball holder??

 

The damn kid hit the tee on his back swing and the ball and tee hit me square in the chest. Never had that happen before. I can't wait for the Tee ball play offs to start, though.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...