Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4689 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Guys, Im an idiot. I pulled the trigger on this and here is what I got. A little help? Anyone know him? Dealt with him before on eBay? It is clearly a WV Dyna Lite with the rubber removed and powder coated gray. Some of the rubber is on top still because of the bars that would protrude. I am such an idiot! I did open a case and sent him a "I will forgive you, just refund my money" email but Im guessing he isn't going to show up. 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200986429164?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

 

Posted

I hate to agree with you but .................  this guy has 111 transactions ............., 97% satisfaction rate, and posts ONE picture with virtually zero description.

 

Caveat Emptor

 

For me, he had no idea what he had either

Posted

I would open the case with Ebay.  It is covered under the buyer protection plan.  They will refund your money plus shipping.  Had to do this with a softball bat for my daughter.  Used and clean and repainted does not make it "New w/o tags" 

Posted

Guys, Im an idiot. I pulled the trigger on this and here is what I got. A little help? Anyone know him? Dealt with him before on eBay? It is clearly a WV Dyna Lite with the rubber removed and powder coated gray. Some of the rubber is on top still because of the bars that would protrude. I am such an idiot! I did open a case and sent him a "I will forgive you, just refund my money" email but Im guessing he isn't going to show up. 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200986429164?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

To keep the one-two on you, acpar72, karma is a b***h.  :fuel::wave:

Posted

That IS a Wilson Ti. !!!!!! Trust me on this. Wilson put that coating on the top of some Ti masks in an effort to reduce head shock on a foul ball to the top of the mask.

Idk Chris I know you are a gear guru but that just doesn't have the look of a titanium to me. It doesn't really look like a Dyna-Lite either though. 

Posted

What Karma? Im clean?

 

Your transactions have been fine in here, but I am curious, why the gear shopping spree?  And semi-expensive stuff too.  None of my business, so no need to respond if you don't want to, but curious  =)

Posted

Slap a magnet on it

 

YES! Seriously, this is your best test. If it sticks, you've got a magnetic metal like steel (Plausibly a Dynalite), if it doesn't stick however, it's plausibly a Titanium or at least another nonmagnetic metal. The only other option that comes to mind with any masks out there would be Magnesium, which is nonmagnetic as well. Make sure to use a decent magnet, something with a little dense and strength to it, because a little thin flimsy fridge magnet won't be as accurate, and may not stick to such a small thin tubular surface like a mask frame. 

 

 

Damn, I guess I did learn something in school... 

Posted

 

That IS a Wilson Ti. !!!!!! Trust me on this. Wilson put that coating on the top of some Ti masks in an effort to reduce head shock on a foul ball to the top of the mask.

Idk Chris I know you are a gear guru but that just doesn't have the look of a titanium to me. It doesn't really look like a Dyna-Lite either though. 

 

You're doubting Hickman??? :shakehead:

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

That IS a Wilson Ti. !!!!!! Trust me on this. Wilson put that coating on the top of some Ti masks in an effort to reduce head shock on a foul ball to the top of the mask.

Idk Chris I know you are a gear guru but that just doesn't have the look of a titanium to me. It doesn't really look like a Dyna-Lite either though. 

 

You're doubting Hickman??? :shakehead:

 

The only piece of equipment that Hickman is an expert in is The Officials Locker Room :wave:

  • Like 2
Posted

Alright…I will admit Im wrong when Im wrong. Hickman is right. It is a titanium. Magnet wouldn't stick, It weighs in at exactly my other titanium mask. All measurements are exactly spot on with my other Wilson Ti masks as well. Im actually feeling a bit lucky now!  Now I have to apologize to the eBay seller. 

  • Like 1
Posted
Jax, why? I realize Im an idiot. Why you gotta pile on. Close this already Chief!
It's the off-season. Gotta have some gun :wave:
  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...