John Hirshbeck

oakgrove11
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3940 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I thought it looked a little wide all night, consistently ......... and got a 'touch' wider in the 9th....

But, ... maybe they're told to keep it moving ??? Who knows and who cares, ......it's a dog and pony show anyhow, but it's THE BEST All Star game played out of any sport :D

• Like 1

As a Reds/National League fan I wasn't too happy with the way he called the bottom of nine.  Seemed like he really had somewhere to be and it's not like the game lasted that long at all, even with all the interruptions.

After the game I put my "umpire hat" back on and realized that the NL had ONE runner on third base the ENTIRE game.  And that was with two outs.  The NL had to be embarrassed for their performance which was akin to a pinata party for blind kids.  

Oh well.  All it means is that when the Reds sweep the Series this year, they'll be celebrating the fourth win at home.   :yippie: