Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4834 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

My fifth game in a row was rained out today (1 Friday, 2 Saturday, 1 Monday, 1 today).  What is your record for consecutive rain outs?

  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

This year, I had 8 straight games rained/snowed out.  Overall this year, I've had 24 games cancelled due to weather.  

Posted

I haven't had a rain out during the regular season in 3 years!

Posted

During a three day, MLK Weekend Tournament, I was scheduled for 15 games over the three days. (sat, Sun, Mon)

It started raining on Sunday after game 7 of the weekend.  Rained out the rest of the tournament, so had 8 straight games rained out.....lol.

It wasn't this year.

Posted

I've only had 2 rainouts this year but, for the first time in 50 years I had a smoke out. There was a fire at a plastics recycling plant about 10 miles from where we were to umpire. Lots of black smoke covering the city. The city declared a state of emergency and shut down all outdoor activities in city parks.

Tony

Posted

I haven't gone three weeks without a rainout this year. I had six days rained out so far this month with tonight-Sunday up in the air.

Posted

I'm 0-5 for my last 5 assignments.............longest streak in years........last nights was particulary hard to take..........call from assingnor that HT wanted to changed the start time to 5pm rather than the customary 6PM....they wanted to get another game in afterwards......bit of an issue, as both me and my partner work...but we worked it out and agreed .......

 

Beautiful day until early afternoon,then some spotty rain, but nothing hard.........then the HT coach calls and say the field isnt playable.....game canceled..........of course partner and I had already both left work to make the moved up game time.......

 

hopefully this streak will end.

Posted

these past few weeks have sucked....sunny all day and then 5pm hits and the skies open to thunder and lightning im only 1 for my last 10

Posted

these past few weeks have sucked....sunny all day and then 5pm hits and the skies open to thunder and lightning im only 1 for my last 10

Sounds very familiar. 

Posted

What's a rainout? We don't have those here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Posted

My first game this year was scheduled for Mar 15th.  My first game was Apr 2nd that I got in.  Had 13 cancelled just in that time span.  I've had like 25 or 30 cancelled due to weather now.  And 2 more just cancelled due to a very small tourney they weren't expecting.

Posted

I had an entire weekend rained out which cost me 12 games.  I haven't kept very accurate track but I do know in June I lost 19 games due to rain.  Prior to that I know of at least 7.

Posted

It started raining here Tues.night . Was supposed to be a week-long tourney with 5 games a day . Cost me $800 :hopmad:

Posted

It started raining here Tues.night . Was supposed to be a week-long tourney with 5 games a day . Cost me $800 :hopmad:

 

Pretty much the same here in Central Ohio. We're in between two highs so it's pretty much a direct shot funneling weather from the Gulf.


×
×
  • Create New...