Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4859 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just got some shirts from a well-known officiating supply company and had numbers applied to the sleeve.

 

On one of the shirts they applied the number to the left sleeve.  I had a quick laugh and when I called the CSR we had a quick laugh together.

 

I'll mention it again -- not having embroidery services costs UA business.

  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Maybe @JimKirk could find a local tailor to HELP resolve this issue?  Personally, I order my shirts with the numbers already sewn on.  Thus, I have to find another vendor to do this.

Posted

I just quit putting numbers on them. We aren't required and if I work with a chief with one blue shirt I can pull one of my extras without having two 38s.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

I don't like the new Honigs shirts so I won't use them. Gerry Davis is an option but the Signature line is like wearing wool sweaters in August...can you say HOT! 

 

 

I love the new Smitty shirts but I haven't found a retailer that sews the numbers on them....so I am forced to use Mom's Sewing Service...she does great work but lives an hour away so I have to coordinate with her. Our association is using numbers more and more so I have to keep up with the times. 

Posted

I actually like Honig's new shirts quite a bit.  I find them the best of the batch -- for a few years the mesh that they provided was the best and they got overtaken by UA and others who put out the softer material first.

 

It was Little League that brought me back to Honig's when I worked the Central Regional last year I was amazed at how much better the shirts were than in past years.  I also noticed that the sizing is a bit different in the past (I'm between a M and a L now, which is really odd for a guy that used to weigh as much as I once did).

 

Anyhow, I just got a batch from Honig's and I think the shirts are great.  And the little snafu with the number on the wrong sleeve -- they handled that situation as well as any company could.  And both the person I talked to and I were able to have a little laugh about it, too.

 

I buy from multiple companies -- I don't think I'm shy about saying that.  I buy a lot of stuff from UA, Gerry Davis, and Honig's.  Purchase Officials in Ohio, too.  All my basketball stuff comes from Purchase Officials (Smitty brand).  My football shirts are either Purchase (HS) or Gerry Davis (sublimated positions -- NCAA) and my black pants come from Purchase (Smitty brand).  Most of my baseball stuff comes from Honig's (clothing) and UA (gear).  I bought my HS baseball hats from Davis as they do the Wisconsin logo (which is optional, but I like the look).  I've been happy with the service from all four of these vendors.

Posted

Find a tailor or dry cleaner with a surger, that's how they are applied.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

What is a surger?

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Find a tailor or dry cleaner with a surger, that's how they are applied.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

What is a surger? A type of sewing machine

 

fyi google calls it a serger

Posted

I have bought the following shirts this year,all of which are made in China:

 2 +Pos brand shirts at $15. They are OK but won't buy them again due to the stiffness of material. Thinking about selling them.

 4 Smity brand to have my state PIAA applied by vendor and they are a good shirt.

 6 Honigs brand shirts in various colors to have ECTB number applied. They are great looking shirts.

 7 Officials Choice brand in various colors in long & short sleeve. Awesome shirts in look and comfort along with great prices. The Bad is that it took almost 30 days to receive orders. Great product with no customer support.

 

I ordered 6 more Honigs crème shirts for our LL District umpire crew without flags or numbers applied. We are having our shirts embroidered by a local shop and they could apply numbers and patches cheaper than Honigs could charge. Credit to Honings of NJ as they recommended that I could more than likely find a cheaper seamstress than theirs to have numbers and patches applied. Our crew does many games including championship and sectional games.

Posted

I know they are extremely pricey but the CK mxs shirts are extremely comfortable I like them almost as much as my old +pos micro mesh shirts that they quit making when they lost their minor league deal.

Posted

I know they are extremely pricey but the CK mxs shirts are extremely comfortable I like them almost as much as my old +pos micro mesh shirts that they quit making when they lost their minor league deal.

 

I have one of the +POS micro mesh shirts left in great shape and break it out when I have a partner who only has Navy............was my favorite summer navy shirt 

Posted

 

I know they are extremely pricey but the CK mxs shirts are extremely comfortable I like them almost as much as my old +pos micro mesh shirts that they quit making when they lost their minor league deal.

 

I have one of the +POS micro mesh shirts left in great shape and break it out when I have a partner who only has Navy............was my favorite summer navy shirt 

 

 

Does it have the zippered front?

Posted

 

 

I know they are extremely pricey but the CK mxs shirts are extremely comfortable I like them almost as much as my old +pos micro mesh shirts that they quit making when they lost their minor league deal.

 

I have one of the +POS micro mesh shirts left in great shape and break it out when I have a partner who only has Navy............was my favorite summer navy shirt 

 

 

Does it have the zippered front?

 

Not this one, but I remmeber those zipper ones well.!! ........and "dazzle cloth"..............oh my what a mess those were.....but back in the day, when +POS was the MiLB supplier,. I was all +POS..uni's, gear, plate shoes, ball bags. indicators and plate brush scraper..........

 

and I still use the indicators and scraper plate brush every game........

Posted

 

 

 

I know they are extremely pricey but the CK mxs shirts are extremely comfortable I like them almost as much as my old +pos micro mesh shirts that they quit making when they lost their minor league deal.

 

I have one of the +POS micro mesh shirts left in great shape and break it out when I have a partner who only has Navy............was my favorite summer navy shirt 

 

 

Does it have the zippered front?

 

Not this one, but I remmeber those zipper ones well.!! ........and "dazzle cloth"..............oh my what a mess those were.....but back in the day, when +POS was the MiLB supplier,. I was all +POS..uni's, gear, plate shoes, ball bags. indicators and plate brush scraper..........

 

and I still use the indicators and scraper plate brush every game........

 

 

I *loved* the +POS indicator.  I use the metal one now from Davis.  I couldn't function these days with one that had strikes at the top.  And those 4-wheel things?  Fuhgeddaboutit.

Posted

CK makes great shirts but the polo blue is not, it is the same ad the softball light blue. The others are great.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

I'm to young to have ever had the zipper front but my dad may have one or two left in his closet. I still wear the micro mesh behind the plate. ( Missouri says we have to wear navy for high school)

Posted

I had one with a zipper. Also had a couple of the Cliff Keen Dazzle Navy shirts. No longer have either.


×
×
  • Create New...